• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Captain Off Loads F/A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably said he would tell the rest of the crew about the night before. being a quick thinker he diverted to get the guy off the plane

My bad...she was indeed a he (I'm sure only in the since that the article referred to him as a he)...but I digress.

...if he was...

Take the following with a massive grain of salt. From airliners.net http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4485533/ and a poster who purports to be a UA FA.

Jamake1 said:
This is all I am going to say about this incident:

The Purser of flight 842 was female. The Captain of the flight wanted the general declaration so he could add his signature to it. The Purser was not in a position to grab another flight attendant right at that moment to monitor the area so the gen dec could be passed through the cockpit door. The situation escalated.

The Captain made the decision to divert to MIA to have the Purser removed from flight for undermining his Captain's Authority. The First Officers on flight 842 advocated for MCO, since MIA is no longer served by UA Mainline. The Captain chose to divert to MIA anyway.

The Purser was removed from the flight upon arrival at MIA and sent to a layover hotel, followed by a deadhead back to ORD after required crew rest.

The ORD-GRU-ORD trip was the Captain's first trip back to the line after extended sick leave. The Captain has been removed from the remainder of his flying schedule. The Purser who was removed, has NOT been removed from the remainder of her flying schedule.

Draw your own conclusions.

The entire meat of the situation is obscured by a throwaway line "the situation escalated." What was the middle part, I ask. I've had crew altercations that could easily be summed up in such a cursory way, when the key facts are redacted. I think Jamake1 needs his heels locked too.

Last edited:
Flying freight rules.

Take the following with a massive grain of salt. From airliners.net http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4485533/ and a poster who purports to be a UA FA.

The entire meat of the situation is obscured by a throwaway line "the situation escalated." What was the middle part, I ask. I've had crew altercations that could easily be summed up in such a cursory way, when the key facts are redacted. I think Jamake1 needs his heels locked too.

He yada yada'd me!

FJ

Latest resources

Back