• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United buys 40 EMB175s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reminder: The first 1000 or so pilots hired after 1987 at L-UAL, were very much hired to fill the positions made vacant by UAL ALPA backstabbing the Frontier pilots. (took the 737s and not one of the pilots) In fact that sustained a great deal of hiring for quite a while at L-UAL. So that right there is where a lot of this longevity disparity comes from, and it is especially pertinent because the Frontier pilots ended up at L-CAL.

Remember folks....the world according to Flops......CO has a clean record of pilots always doing the right thing.....what between 7 or 8 hundred of them?????

You know I'm starting to get creeped out that you seem to be able to follow my posts so closely.

Yeah, we have pilots who crossed a picket line and so do you, I don't like it either. Frankly, those 539 need to be on the list too. "Never turned a revenue wheel" What a load of crap! But: What do they have to do with this SLI?! The longevity disparity can be explained by obvious devious actions by UAL ALPA. Since UAL ALPA now believes merger policy is the greatest thing since sliced bread (especially the longevity part) let's do a little inventory on how we got here, ok?

Last edited:
Remember folks....the world according to Flops......CO has a clean record of pilots always doing the right thing.....what between 7 or 8 hundred of them?????

The problem with that line of thinking is the scabs were out for themselves or revenge against ALPA. A lot of former ALPA members on that list which gives one pause as to why.

In comparison, the pathetic thing about the senior cadre on the LUAL side was the participation and destruction of fellow union brothers and sisters at Frontier while espousing union ethics and values all of these years wearing that worthless pin. Might I further add the backstabbing of your retirees in later years?

These other examples are not to much different than the first from LCAL and as far as I am concerned almost as despicable.

You know I'm starting to get creeped out that you seem to be able to follow my posts so closely.

Yeah, we have pilots who crossed a picket line and so do you, I don't like it either. Frankly, those 539 need to be on the list too. "Never turned a revenue wheel" What a load of crap! But: What do they have to do with this SLI?! The longevity disparity can be explained by obvious devious actions by UAL ALPA. Since UAL ALPA now believes merger policy is the greatest thing since sliced bread (especially the longevity part) let's do a little inventory on how we got here, ok?

If those 539 had been at CAL, they would be on the list. LUAL counts our pilots that never turned a wheel but give a pass to theirs that never did. By my math, LUAL has far more pilots that crossed a picket line.

Here's is how we ought to do things at the new airline. Let's just say if you're hired in the 80's, you're a scab. OR, maybe we ought to drop the whole idea of who is and is not a scab entirely? I'm tired of threading that needle. The L-UAL furloughs and the junior CAL have all had things 10 times worse than any scab or non scab hired in the 80's ever did. I'm sick and tired of hearing about them or from them and I don't care any less or more for them whether they are on a list or not. Get them out of the way and get the pilots who've really been screwed moved up.

Hey I'm a fan. Mostly you post good stuff, doesn't mean I agree all the time but it's interesting. Not counting the high water thing.

As for the rest you have to get your numbers straight. The 539 are scabs ie they did turn a wheel. The group I think you are referring to is the 550 which I would say about half of them would have crossed.

Last edited:
Hey I'm a fan. Mostly you post good stuff, doesn't mean I agree all the time but it's interesting. Not counting the high water thing.

As for the rest you have to get your numbers straight. The 539 are scabs ie they did turn a wheel. The group I think you are referring to is the 550 which I would say about half of them would have crossed.

What about the 570? Lots of 5xx being thrown around here.

Regards,
Fr8-

If those 570 had been at CAL, they would be on the Master List. Anybody who started class at CAL in '83 to '85 during the strike is a scab. At LUAL during their strike, you were only a scab if you turned a wheel.

That being said, which airline currently has more scabs per the LCAL definition?

I found it surprising that the LCAL definition was more strict than those "hardcore" unionists at UAL. Guess you can't believe much of what you hear through the grapevine.

Latest resources

Back