• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United buys 40 EMB175s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course they will. They are already using the UPA to wipe there arse's with laughing as they do... As far as the skywest pilots, they are just pawns in the game. They have to do what mgmt tells them, or look for other employment.

Exactly, seems there is at least one ALPA airline out there with the "fly it, and grieve it motto" so it seems the also do what management tells them.
Growing a set and actually using them isn't that painful.

My experience: Jeff will exceed the limit deliberately and violate our agreement. He knows SkyWest doesn't mind violating our contract. There are a few SkyWest pilots that will have a problem with this, but most won't. It won't be by a whole lot, but we'll have to be set to hold them to the exact letter of this agreement.

Probably will. Question is will BOTH sides rock the boat when he does. Ask any United agent about the summer of love.

Who exactly is going to be flying all these airplanes in a few years? Once the retirements really get moving and all the legacy carriers are hiring where are all the pilots coming into the profession with 1500 hours going to come from? It doesn't seem that many young people are interested in this profession anymore at the very time large numbers of new pilots will be needed.

At some point the scope issue may start to solve itself as the Big-3 realize that that the ability of subcontractors to reliably staff large fleets of small jets is limited. I will be interested to see how the industry plays out in the next 5-10 years. I don't think we will be begin to see a substantial tightening of the pilot supply until 2015 or so but it is coming, the ratio of older pilots leaving to new pilots coming in is what it is, and that's in an economy that isn't even firing on all cylinders. I think we will start to see a trend of flying returning to mainline, the 717's at Delta may be the first move in that direction by a legacy carrier. There may be more 70-80 seat RJ's but there will probably be fewer total RJ's and most importantly fewer total subcontracted ASM's.

Well scoot, at least you know your guys aren't the only SELLOUTS(!) on the block

Probably will. Question is will BOTH sides rock the boat when he does. Ask any United agent about the summer of love.

Ha!!! We can't count on the CAL pilots. WE are the only real airline pilots. After that abomination of an SLI dream shot from the SCAL side I cannot IN GOOD FAITH, even acknowledge that the CAL Proposal is any more than an extreme marker, a tent post as it were, from which they hope to move towards some unknown center. It is disingenuous, destructive, and outrageous to believe that a UAL pilot with 18 years LONGEVITY, 9 years as a NB Captain and 6 years as a WB FO (which are basically the same), should be placed JUNIOR to a CAL 2006 pilot who is a NEW Captain NOW (on the backs of UAL pilots) but who was nowhere close in 2010?

In 2010, he had 4 years LONGEVITY, I had 15 years.
In 2010, he was an FO, I was a Captain.
The CAL list places me on the ISL MORE THAN 100% MORE numbers down the list....telling me that my longevity, career expectations and status and category are WORSE THAN MORE THAN 50% of the CAL pilots.

It is a joke, an insult, an affront, an abomination, a disgrace, a......you name it!

CAL just does not get the damage their games are causing. Believe me, if ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE CAL PROPOSAL survives, things are going to get VERY UGLY. EVERY Captain had better bring a slew of NASA Reports with him, because NO UAL PILOT will help him out EVER!

If you guys want to ACT like sca&$....stealing our jobs and our careers.....then you WILL be treated like them. BANK ON IT!

That is not a threat, just the simple reality of what your guys are TRYING to create here with their overreach.

Well scoot, at least you know your guys aren't the only SELLOUTS(!) on the block

I appreciate the man crush you have on me, but you might want to save it.
Red was complaining about a "colon cleanse" needed. I'm sure you can help him "scope it out.":blush:;)

Yeah, no crush-
But you're still the industry leading SELLOUTS-
What's united to do when DALPA let's so many big rj's be outsourced-
I'm pretty sure I predicted the standard you were setting for everyone

Why no RJ's at SWA?

Wave:

I have a question for you. What do you believe is the reason that SWA does not operate RJ's? I have my own ideas but would like to hear what you think.

Regards,
Fr8-

Latest resources

Back