• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United buys 40 EMB175s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The smallest narrow body a legacy will ever fly is a 737-800.

No C-Series S100/300??????? What about the 100-120 seat gap?

I guess Delta has that plugged with the 717 and USAiways/AA already uses the E190 - but what about UAL?

No C-Series S100/300??????? What about the 100-120 seat gap?

I guess Delta has that plugged with the 717 and USAiways/AA already uses the E190 - but what about UAL?

We'll see how long that lasts. The cost structure of a Legacy can't support an aircraft that size.

I hear Delta is already beginning to understand why SWA was eager to dump the 717's. It has a common type rating with the DC-9/MD-80, but that is where the commonality ends. They will disappear in the next bankruptcy, when the refinery gets sold off too.

Airways has 20 190's and they aren't getting any more. I expect that they will go away before too long. Those pilots could be generating 50% more revenue flying something else.

The smallest narrow body a legacy will ever fly is a 737-800.

Uhhhhhhhh, DL is getting 88 717s........not a regional. And DL is dumping 215 50 seaters.

Bye Bye---General Lee

We'll see how long that lasts. The cost structure of a Legacy can't support an aircraft that size.

I hear Delta is already beginning to understand why SWA was eager to dump the 717's. It has a common type rating with the DC-9/MD-80, but that is where the commonality ends. They will disappear in the next bankruptcy, when the refinery gets sold off too.

Airways has 20 190's and they aren't getting any more. I expect that they will go away before too long. Those pilots could be generating 50% more revenue flying something else.

Jon is on dope again! In the next BK? You mean Skw's BK? Thanks to consolidation, the 3 remaining legacies are stronger than ever. So Jon, will those E175s pay the same as the CR9s? How much does that plane max out on per hour? Put down the pipe, Jon....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Stronger than ever? As compared to a few years ago, yes, than ever, no.

Consolidation plus bag/change fees have changed the game. Even in a down economy, most legacies were profitable. As the economy tries to recover, it will get even better for the legacies.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Consolidation plus bag/change fees have changed the game. Even in a down economy, most legacies were profitable. As the economy tries to recover, it will get even better for the legacies.

Bankruptcy is not always a sign of weakness. Not of real weakness anyway.

Uhhhhhhhh, DL is getting 88 717s........not a regional. And DL is dumping 215 50 seaters.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And you will operate them at a loss until you ditch them.

I don't need dope, I'm happy and content. Rather than throw my life away chasing a pipe dream and ejoying the joys of juniority, commuting halfway across the country and missing out on my kids growing up, I'm diversifying my income so that in a few years I won't need to fly.

The thought of having to sit next to a tool like you for 8 hours so that I can spend $10 for a beer in some exotic location before wasting more of my life in a hotel, anywhere, just doesn't appeal to me, even if I get to fly a real airplane.

Bye Bye!

Latest resources

Back