• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really like that word don't ya? How old are you...10? As someone with a mentally handicapped family member I can truly say she and some of her friends have more common sense than some of you LCAL folks....

Yeah, we hear that runs in your family. Apparently your family member caught it from the sUAL pilot group (pronounced ess-soo-el as explained to me by a brain surgeon flight attendant).

Yeah, we hear that runs in your family. Apparently your family member caught it from the sUAL pilot group (pronounced ess-soo-el as explained to me by a brain surgeon flight attendant).[/

That statement right there says a lot about your companies hiring practices and standards!!

Yeah, we hear that runs in your family. Apparently your family member caught it from the sUAL pilot group (pronounced ess-soo-el as explained to me by a brain surgeon flight attendant).

Pathetic and out of line........

Yeah, no dog in this fight and I got to say WTF is wrong with you?

And btw wave, wtf man?! On another thread you explain how you can't abide by "slam clickers", I'm simply suggesting sUAL guys stop checking brake accumulator 5+ times [or whatever it takes for them to eventually fail] so the airline can run.

Beers are important, I agree. But I also believe deliberately gaming airworthiness is at least as important. I'd love to read your posts if SWA was having to deal with this

I don't know much about that flop, I just know you're pretty spring loaded to some whacked out ideas on things-
First rule of unionism is "be productive" in your actions and words.

If you have volunteered for alpa you'd have heard this at some point.

We are dealing with this on some level- there's some moron out there whacking off the ends of our OPC switches in a multi gold medal performance for least effective and weird 'statement' ever

It has to do with individual's in charge at the time, we are ALPA. They may have misstep with Frontier but they stood up for the industry in '85, more than I can say for the other class of the mid eighties.

You need to learn not to stick your foot in your mouth. That's a really dumb statement. In view of what was done to FAL, UAL stood up for themselves. You were standing for yourselves and not the union or unity when you signaled to America West & USAir that you were going to do the same to them. Then Brucia exposed you all for what you really are by making you beg for merger policy.

You need to learn not to stick your foot in your mouth. That's a really dumb statement. In view of what was done to FAL, UAL stood up for themselves. You were standing for yourselves and not the union or unity when you signaled to America West & USAir that you were going to do the same to them. Then Brucia exposed you all for what you really are by making you beg for merger policy.

Well since merger policy has been a work in progress and has changed numerous times over the last 6+ decades comparing what FAL went thru and what you perceive we were going to do to AWA/USAIR is comparing apples and oranges. ALPA National is a resource that MY representatives use to represent ME. I would hope UALPA would use/bend existing ALPA National policy to look out for UALPA interests, just as you justify CALPA's merger committees position during SLI arguments (even though they bent the policy till it snapped into little pieces). Make no mistake we are members of UALPA, not DALPA or any other carrier under the ALPA National umbrella. We abide by ALPA National policy and By-Laws but we are a separate entity and should expect our reps to protect us from any other union or pilot group within the laws and policy of our national union. As for the foot in my mouth, I wasn't around in the '80's, I wasn't privy to the goings on at UALPA at the time so I can't speak for them. I do look up to that group though because like it or not they went by policy at the time and in their eyes protected their members, just as I'm sure you thought CAL ALPA did. And most importantly that same group stood up for the ENTIRE piloting profession by walking the line.

Been in 3 unions as a pilot. One closed shop. Always been wearing a pin and toeing the line. You, and 2/3rds of you brain surgeon cohorts, are a joke. Take that how you like.

Thanks for tripling the amount of SCABS overnight after we merged with your version of unionism. I call that a joke especially if you think IACP was actually a union.

Latest resources

Back