• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you prevent Emeryization from the company?

Help me out here, what does Emery-ization mean? Are you talking about Emery aircargo who's maintainence killed 3 people in San Jose and gave up their certificate and are now out of business, or what?

Sorry, it kind of hit a nerve. I knew the Captain on that flight.

2dots

The guys I know from Emery say the company just quit trying to run a going concern after the pilots unionized. Management ran it into the ground and after the crashes (there were two I believe), they gave up the certificate while simultaneously contracting out all their flying. Management still got their money. There are four pilots I know who are ex Emery and all of them say that was the response because management was PO'ed about the union.

I have no idea who he is talking about. My question: What are the chances that Bombardier would close flex down and just sell airplanes if we unionize? Which is what Emery did. What contingency defense does the union have for such an occurrence? Has anyone even considered the possibility? Remember, Flexjet management does not ultimately have control, the parent does. How do you bind a foreign parent to a domestic contract?

The guys I know from Emery say the company just quit trying to run a going concern after the pilots unionized. Management ran it into the ground and after the crashes (there were two I believe), they gave up the certificate while simultaneously contracting out all their flying. Management still got their money. There are four pilots I know who are ex Emery and all of them say that was the response because management was PO'ed about the union.

Ok, well ... Flexjet isn't Emery. And Bombardier's managed to do quite well for itself with an otherwise largely unionized workforce.

Also, I should have said this is not the fault of the training center, but the amount of money budgeted by the company. Its all about xing the boxes and getting u back out there. The check airman are just doing their best with the resources that are given to them. That being said there is serious room for improvement.

I guess that Bombardier could dissolve FJ and flood the market with another 80+ used aircraft. It's certainly a possibility, but far from a probability. We still have aircraft on property that have been parked and for sale for two plus years. And let's not forget the owner contracts.

It's more likely that Bombardier will figure out how to operate with yet another unionized part of their operation. We're not asking for the world here. Will it cost the company more? Yes. Will it shut us down. No. We're not asking for pay raises or free healthcare for life. We want job protection and some tweaking of our work rules. It's up to us elect good and reasonable people to people to represent us. We can elect people who will make unrealistic demands, or we can do better.

Ask yourself one question. Do you want FR and DG negotiating for you in a merger/buyout situation? Do you feel confident in the direction of the company?

Send your cards in. They are not "yes" votes. They are yes I want to have a vote votes. Vote for change, or vote for the statu quo, but at least have a vote.

Latest resources

Back