• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We don't do training at flexjet. We do flight checks. You don't get any training unless you fail and that's only if the TRB says your worthy of training. Food for thought.

Sorry Bunman but I'll have to call BS on that. Everyone who busted got another chance. Some even got two. And realize to bust a 135 check you have to screw up 2-3 events. By the time someone busts, they earn it. No saying it is right, just stating the facts.

Last edited:
We don't do training at flexjet. We do flight checks. You don't get any training unless you fail and that's only if the TRB says your worthy of training. Food for thought.

Bunman,

What do you call the simulator time the night before the checkride? How about the 4 days of ground training during your long recurrent? The FAA considers that training, not sure what your definition is.

You are also incorrect on the TRB. The TRB doesn't have the authority to give training. The TRB gives a recommendation to DG who makes the decision regarding additional training. This is usually re-qualification training, not the same as the training you are saying we are lacking.

If you want to scare our pilots into a union, at least use facts not myths. You lose credibility every time you post something that is so far from the truth.

TWA 2 ASA FO

Sorry Bunman but I'll have to call BS on that. Everyone who busted got another chance. Some even got two. And realize to bust a 135 check you have to screw up 2-3 events. By the time someone busts, they earn it. No saying it is right, just stating the facts.

ok so if it isn't right then what is it? I can tell you this; turning the FD off on a single engine approach is BS!

Bunman,

What do you call the simulator time the night before the checkride?

If you want to scare our pilots into a union, at least use facts not myths. You lose credibility every time you post something that is so far from the truth.

TWA 2 ASA FO

The sim the night before the flight check is a practice flight check. When is the last time you had any failures similar to what you had on your type ride? This is what i'm refering to. Not ground training. If you read my second post, you would see i just said their is serious room for improvement and there is. Clearly a nerve is struck here with you. Also, why does only one person have control over ones employment in regards to training rather than your committee who actually still flies the line? I'm Not trying to scare anybody into the union because I don't have to. You guys are doing it all by yourselves. Convince me your training is above and beyond industry standard. If your under the delusion everything is fine in the TC and no changes are needed, then maybe your not the guy for the job. Just sayin.

For Bunman and Jetmaster, the 2 checkrides given each year are ALMOST 100% driven by FAA requirements for these checkrides ie 2 precision and 2 non-precision approaches, single-enginge approach, etc. It is spelled out in FAA documents. If someone goes into the training center and wants nothing but practice on, say V1 cuts, I imagine the instructors would accommodate this wish as long as the student realized that his 2nd ride would be the normal checkride (and without the benefit of having practiced anything other than the V1 cuts that he(she) requested. The only manuever I am aware of that is not FAA-driven is the raw date approach, which is DO driven. And if Mr. Jetmaster727 is so afraid of flying the plane without a FD, he probably should try another profession...these FD's do fail occasionally, and having practiced in the Sim for such an event is the exact training I would want to have practiced.
WL

Uh, Brokeflyer, we don't have a union(otherwise, it would be it's fault). that's supposed to be a joke for all you humour-challenged folks.
WL

PS, yea, I know it's coming blah blah blah.

For Bunman and Jetmaster, the 2 checkrides given each year are ALMOST 100% driven by FAA requirements for these checkrides ie 2 precision and 2 non-precision approaches, single-enginge approach, etc. It is spelled out in FAA documents. If someone goes into the training center and wants nothing but practice on, say V1 cuts, I imagine the instructors would accommodate this wish as long as the student realized that his 2nd ride would be the normal checkride (and without the benefit of having practiced anything other than the V1 cuts that he(she) requested. The only manuever I am aware of that is not FAA-driven is the raw date approach, which is DO driven. And if Mr. Jetmaster727 is so afraid of flying the plane without a FD, he probably should try another profession...these FD's do fail occasionally, and having practiced in the Sim for such an event is the exact training I would want to have practiced.
WL

If not FAA required then why do it? This is the problem with you guys; when someone makes a valid point you get all defensive and attack the person. I'm
hardly afraid of flying without the FD as I have been doing this for a long time. I mean according to your logic, we should shut down both engines because it could happen, right?
I would seriously question the judgement of a captain who continues to an airport on one engine with the weather at mins and no FD. But what do I know, I've only been flying transport cat airplanes for over 20 years!

Latest resources

Back