• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UH OH!! Its gonna hit the fan, now!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rising panic in the management ranks. The voices of reason pointing out for months that we're understaffed and they needed to do something about it, were scoffed at and dismissed. It's been said for months that there was no way we'd be doing any less flying than last summer and we have substantially less pilots. Simple 3rd grade logic would have pointed to recalls and upgrades. Hall and Tutt need to be fired over this. The world will be a happier place

I haven't seen anything stating they are outright cancelling vacations yet. I would suspect the next step would be offering to pay some type of premium to buy people out.

-If they cancel people's R&R time, there will be outright war! I really think Brad is smarter than that, (as for some of the others-who knows?)

-Maybe we should not have committed to "opportunistic" flying we have no chance of being able to cover.

A friend was JR manned a 2 day tomorrow. They assigned him a 2 day on a 5 day off run. He was notified via ACARS. Way to ruin a good morale.

The only way I might be okay with losing a vacation week is if I was still paid for it, maybe add time-n-half too. Double dipping. I'm NOT saying it'd be all good.

Just say'n I MIGHT be okay...

That doesn't help anyone who actually made plans...school is out, spouses time off to match yours...ect. Totally inconsiderate and poor planning. Their lack of planning shouldn't be YOUR emergency.

The only way I might be okay with losing a vacation week is if I was still paid for it, maybe add time-n-half too. Double dipping. I'm NOT saying it'd be all good.

Just say'n I MIGHT be okay...

That doesn't help anyone who actually made plans...school is out, spouses time off to match yours...ect. Totally inconsiderate and poor planning. Their lack of planning shouldn't be YOUR emergency.

I wouldn't miss my R&R for triple time!

- Daddy needs a break!

Latest resources

Back