Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL to not make it through the Winter???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone else notice that CAL and UAL are slowly combining terminals at many airports. NRT seems to be the most recent. Also, in EWR Airtran currently operates out of "A" terminal along with UAL (Star Alliance) and Air Canada (Star Alliance). Last month Airtran and CAL did a slot swap between EWR and DCA resulting in Airtran is pulling out of EWR. Send Alaska and West Jet over to "B" and we now have a whole wing of "A" for Star Alliance carriers. They could end up doing with the "weed whacker scope buster turbo-props" along with the DHC200 that they did with the ERJ and send them over to "A" and make "C" all mainline and Star Aircraft.

CAL and UAL are getting things lined up, I expect an announcement shortly after we (CAL) join Star.

Yep....stock is on the move too and I would put money on there is a contract already written....The furloughs will stop in Nov...and then it will happen. Got everyone furloughed to come in lean, and then they will move on it.

UAL is a good company which is lacking leadership. Hope it turns around. I have always wanted to work there.

What's good about it anymore- the senior there now have sold out everyone from the junior in their company- to their own retired pilots who were responsible at every step and got their pension stolen. Anyone who continued to work there after 2002 is a complete f***ing sellout and the epitome of what's actually wrong with this industry. There should have been at least 7000 resignation letters the day pensions were taken. You had and continue to have much more power than you think. And it's a bu!!sh!t excuse to say that you don't. But hey! Complaining while treating your customers and fellow employees like crap will surely fix everything....

All young pilots - build up your savings in every way possible so that you can do better than these idiots-

"ode tothose who forgot where their paycheck came from"

I hope that UAL is solf at a fire sale and CAL gets some picks of cheap stuff. I would feel bad for the people let go, but honestly....UAL employees thought they were untouchable for a long time....reality bites!! Plus, you guys had some weird pilots over there when I would jumpseat from CMH-ORD back in 1999-2001......very weird...

I hope that UAL is solf at a fire sale and CAL gets some picks of cheap stuff. I would feel bad for the people let go, but honestly....UAL employees thought they were untouchable for a long time....reality bites!! Plus, you guys had some weird pilots over there when I would jumpseat from CMH-ORD back in 1999-2001......very weird...

Hey Sean:
For you sake, and only your sake, I hope and pray CAL goes out of business so you have to go back to sucking d!ck for a living!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back