• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Merger Comte Msg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice bickering guys...it'll do you no good. Stop bitching, work together to make it better for all (some guys will have it better than others thats life), grow the place so damn big so WE ALL can be captains soon.

I'm with ya yuppy and yes as I understand they are still looking at an order for 100 NB airplanes. United guys aren't coming to take a junior CAL pilots position and as Yuppy has stated lets work together and grow this airline. Delta has no one furlough and they are hiring again. So why is it there are always those coming on this board screaming the sky is falling when we could redirect our energy in a more productive manner and concentrate on the issues that deal directly with this ( CAL & UAL ) pilot group, like scope, furlough protection, pay and QOL ect........feel free to add to the issues that face us. Stop the childish behavior this merger is happening either way, lets grow up and work together!!!!!

The truth hurts. Why did CAL ALPA put as its #1 priority something other than the pilots?

UAL ALPA did not take a management position in its statement. Red herring arguments about service do not discredit my point concerning CAL ALPA.

And a union rep. being offended by an obvious error in judgement by his MEC is nothing compared to a wounded pilot group due to incompetent leadership.

I'm still waiting for you to post the lucky lotto numbers, tool. Your diatribe is old and useless. Since you continue to post the same rhetoric like a trick puts on the same lipstick, what else can you tell us? You've explained how we will all be sold down the road, scope will cave, and the gummers will make out but what about our contract? Please, I'm dying to know what type of pay cut I'm going to have, what benefits I'm going to lose, and the gap that will continue to increase between our new contract and your position as god's gift to aviation.

By the way, their are actually 4 points that Jay makes, but I guess counting past 3 was a little tough for ya. I fail to see, though, the relevance of the order as long as they are ALL accomplished. In case you have forgotten, Jay does point out that the pilots are to be "fiercely" advocated for in any merger situation. Here, let me excerpt for you as you seem to like to pick out only those items that make your point;

"..........Further, the MEC is completely prepared, in the event of a merger, to be a fierce advocate for the pilot group. The shareholders and the public each have their own advocates through the respective company boards of directors and government entities such as the DOT and DOJ. At the direction of the MEC, I have also sent a letter to Mr. Smisek stating our unequivocal requirements for support of any merger. You may remember these from a previous brief:

1. Creation of a profitable merged company with sufficient market presence and network scope to provide a stable platform for growth and sustainable profits.

2. Fair and equitable seniority list integration.

3. An expedited collective bargaining agreement for the merged company with substantial improvements for ALL pilots.

4. Share in the equity of the merged company.........."

One more thing;

As long as CAL has had a union back on property the CAL union has been doing managements bidding. If UAL and CAL want to merge it will without the pilots consent. Ask the NWA pilots how the resistance worked out?

CAL is a union of fly now grieve later. CAL ALPA has never shown any brass balls. And the official statements CAL ALPA is making doesn't have the pilot's issues as the #1 priority again.

When a man is divorced five times should the sixth wife really believe he is capable of a successful marriage? CAL ALPA is a repeat loser.

Whatever statements the UAL MEC makes the CAL MEC needs to highlight, cut, and paste.

You really seem to fall in line with the '83 super-scab mentality. We need not have a union and every man for himself, right? Or does your quote not actually have those undertones?

You really seem to fall in line with the '83 super-scab mentality. We need not have a union and every man for himself, right? Or does your quote not actually have those undertones?

No my quote does not have those undertones. The SCAB mentality is a CAL pilot thing.

Twist it all you want but 27 years of giving management what it wants is the current CAL contract. A contract based on FAR's. Does CAL even have a union? It sure does not have a current contract.

Odd that Luckytohavealife forgets the bending over that the United pilots did with their cba. How is that Scope working out for you over there dolt? How many furloughs were are result of your relaxing of Scope? Are your retirees pensions going well?

Talk about a hypocrite.

Last edited:
No my quote does not have those undertones. The SCAB mentality is a CAL pilot thing.

Twist it all you want but 27 years of giving management what it wants is the current CAL contract. A contract based on FAR's. Does CAL even have a union? It sure does not have a current contract.

I'll be the first to admit that the CAL contract needs lots of work, but it always makes me laugh to hear idiots like this yap away and act like parrots. All they do is echo a few points that have been said over and over and over....

By the way I was told that UAL will be ordering a bunch of 100 seaters this year for mainline! Reliable ALPA source

Yup! That brings to mind the pedal action on a bicycle. One goes up the other goes down. ALPA just keep riding us? Here's another fairly reliable comment about how the Chairman of UAL MEC is feeling these days about furloughees: "If you have something else in the works do it" and as far as coming back she said, "Its gonna be a long time"

Now who then is going to be flying those 100 seaters? Maybe CO furloughees? Because UAL MEC Chairman doesn't think it would be us in this case.

Therefore Be It Resolved, the UAL MEC directs the UAL MEC Master Chairman to engage in discussions with the Delta MEC Master Chairman, in an effort to give UAL-ALPA furloughed pilots priority in the hiring process at Delta Airlines.

Caution with your sources...

Latest resources

Back