• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Furloughees... We're supposed to have jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no problem with UA furloughs coming over, and taking their place at the bottom of the list. The integrity of the seniority system has to be preserved. We did it before, and we'll do it again. But as has been stated, that requires qualifying airplanes, AND positions being created. Right now only one of those has been met.

UAL furloughees should be in the skywest seats and skywest pilots should be on the street. Sorry, but if you replace Brasilia w/ qualifying RJs that doesn't relinquish OO from having UA pilots in the seats.

All the RJs should have been on mainline property in the 1st place. The dynamics that are in place bc they aren't ARE a complete failure by the pilots involved

But you had no problem flying the RJ when you were on the other side. How nice.:cool:

Why would you want to keep flying? Can't you do anything else?

No- alpa and alpa pilots definitely failed. Joey just takes it to the wrong conclusions.

UAL furloughees should be in the skywest seats and skywest pilots should be on the street. Sorry, but if you replace Brasilia w/ qualifying RJs that doesn't relinquish OO from having UA pilots in the seats.

..and you really wonder why Skywest pilots don't want ALPA? Those two statements together SHOULD spell it out for you. That won't win the hearts of Skywest pilots....seems they are smarter than you want to admit.....

It is that very logic that has many ASA pilots ready to ditch ALPA.....

No- alpa and alpa pilots definitely failed. Joey just takes it to the wrong conclusions.

All the RJs should have been on mainline property in the 1st place. The dynamics that are in place bc they aren't ARE a complete failure by the pilots involved

The statement in bold above is absolutely the funniest thing i've read all week.

There were no jobs created at skywest, so therefore the furloughees are not entitled to displace anyone from that carrier.

As an ex-express pilot myself, ALPA has nobody but themselves to blame for the regionals taking over as much flying as they have. Why the hell did you guys let go of scope? Used to be that ALL jet flying was done by mainline. Period.

Know why? Cause UAL and AA and DAL colluded with Bombardier and got the term "regional" included in "regional jet". Ahhh look...see? It's a regional Jet. You don't want to fly that little thing! Besides, the CBA states that no Captain can make less than the highest paid FO. So we pay our senior 747 FO over 85K. We can't possible pay that much to a 1st year RJ Captain. See? We HAVE to send these little jets to the regionals.

And ALPA said, "uhhhh, uuhokay".

Dumbest decision ever. I knew it then (14 years ago) and it's obvious now. Even as a regional pilot flying the CRJ I was mad cause I knew that my current gig was the death of my dream. You mainline weenies stole my career. I'm not bitter as it turns out I found something better anyway, but I'll never get typed in a 744 or 777 and that's tad sad in my book.

Ya'll should stop blaming the puppymill generation and look in the mirror. You made the bed, now put your jammies on and get comfy.

I have no problem with UA furloughs coming over, and taking their place at the bottom of the list. The integrity of the seniority system has to be preserved.

Fraid not...you only have a job because UAL lets you feed their customers. Step aside and show some respect for your seniors.

As an ex-express pilot myself, ALPA has nobody but themselves to blame for the regionals taking over as much flying as they have. Why the hell did you guys let go of scope? Used to be that ALL jet flying was done by mainline. Period.

Know why? Cause UAL and AA and DAL colluded with Bombardier and got the term "regional" included in "regional jet". Ahhh look...see? It's a regional Jet. You don't want to fly that little thing! Besides, the CBA states that no Captain can make less than the highest paid FO. So we pay our senior 747 FO over 85K. We can't possible pay that much to a 1st year RJ Captain. See? We HAVE to send these little jets to the regionals.

And ALPA said, "uhhhh, uuhokay".

Dumbest decision ever. I knew it then (14 years ago) and it's obvious now. Even as a regional pilot flying the CRJ I was mad cause I knew that my current gig was the death of my dream. You mainline weenies stole my career. I'm not bitter as it turns out I found something better anyway, but I'll never get typed in a 744 or 777 and that's tad sad in my book.

Ya'll should stop blaming the puppymill generation and look in the mirror. You made the bed, now put your jammies on and get comfy.

So you are saying in the next 25 years as United RETIRES 7000 plus pilots...you will continue to SIT at the regionals??? That makes it YOUR choice to not advance....see you in the jumpseat. No one stole your career.

Yeah, I don't fly for the regionals. Sorry to burst your bubble as I'll never be in your jumpseat. Enjoy though...

..and you really wonder why Skywest pilots don't want ALPA? Those two statements together SHOULD spell it out for you. That won't win the hearts of Skywest pilots....seems they are smarter than you want to admit.....

I know you're not too bright, Joey, but even you should be able to recognize that he doesn't speak for ALPA. ALPA has never said or done anything even remotely similar to what he's suggesting.

It is that very logic that has many ASA pilots ready to ditch ALPA.....

I'll believe that when it's coming from someone other than a 1%er.

Latest resources

Back