• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL / CAL scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't talking about other regionals; I was talking about SkyWest. SkyWest has a sizeable at-risk operation. Most of it is the Brasilias, but there's also MKE, and certain DEN and ORD routes. At no point did I say that ALL, or NONE of their flying was at-risk.

SkyWest has been flying those routes for 30 yrs, as far as the info i.e. SFO RDM, that is not at "RISK" flying. That was obtained when Skywest went UAL in '97 after Westair lost their contract, you do remember Westair? that could happen to any regional, especially SkyWest.

SkyWest has been flying those routes for 30 yrs, as far as the info i.e. SFO RDM, that is not at "RISK" flying. That was obtained when Skywest went UAL in '97 after Westair lost their contract, you do remember Westair? that could happen to any regional, especially SkyWest.

Umm, no. They were not flying those routes for over 30 years. Heck, 30 years ago, it was still Pipers running about in Utah, Idaho, Page, and Vegas. SkyWest didn't break into the CA market until they purchased SunAire, and that was in 1984.

As for SFO-MFR, you're attacking the wrong person; however, since you specifically chose to attack me for some reason:

-SFO-RDM is indeed at-risk at current time, and is flown by the CRJ-200. Prior to the jets, it was not, and was flown with E120s.

-SkyWest replacing WestAir has nothing to do with whether SFO-RDM was at-risk or not.

Umm, no. They were not flying those routes for over 30 years. Heck, 30 years ago, it was still Pipers running about in Utah, Idaho, Page, and Vegas. SkyWest didn't break into the CA market until they purchased SunAire, and that was in 1984.

As for SFO-MFR, you're attacking the wrong person; however, since you specifically chose to attack me for some reason:

-SFO-RDM is indeed at-risk at current time, and is flown by the CRJ-200. Prior to the jets, it was not, and was flown with E120s.

-SkyWest replacing WestAir has nothing to do with whether SFO-RDM was at-risk or not.

I do know a little about the company, and it was not a direct attack. The flying in SFO has been steady since 97, but flown there in the late 80's early 90's, but 95% of the cities skywest serves in CA have been there ok, 25 yrs with metros, then bro's, it was their own brand with Western Airlines(which Delta aquired) Continental, they bought Sun air, or something like that, and it is not all, "at risk flying" I do know that there is risk flying, but maybe 15-20%.

I do know a little about the company, and it was not a direct attack. The flying in SFO has been steady since 97, but flown there in the late 80's early 90's, but 95% of the cities skywest serves in CA have been there ok, 25 yrs with metros, then bro's, it was their own brand with Western Airlines(which Delta aquired) Continental, they bought Sun air, or something like that, and it is not all, "at risk flying" I do know that there is risk flying, but maybe 15-20%.

The SunAire acquisition was a full year before the Western Contract started, and years before the CO venture. While there wasn't much, if any, flying into Northern CA, all of the markets at the time were at-risk, because at the time, they were still a standalone operation.

Actually, I'd be interested to know just HOW the network was divied after the Western contract was signed; whether the entire network was Western Express, or just SLC, and some LAX routes, and how the money flowed. I can think that since DL purchased Western that they held to the contract previously signed, but I think it'd be safe to assume that the contracts signed since then have wildly veered from what was originally signed.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen a 70 seat RJ painted in the new United paint livery yet?????

I haven't.

The SunAire acquisition was a full year before the Western Contract started, and years before the CO venture. While there wasn't much, if any, flying into Northern CA, all of the markets at the time were at-risk, because at the time, they were still a standalone operation.

Actually, I'd be interested to know just HOW the network was divied after the Western contract was signed; whether the entire network was Western Express, or just SLC, and some LAX routes, and how the money flowed. I can think that since DL purchased Western that they held to the contract previously signed, but I think it'd be safe to assume that the contracts signed since then have wildly veered from what was originally signed.

If you want exact details, I'll have to read the book I they gave me as a new hire 15 yrs ago!

What do the skw and shuttle America pilots think will happen if they actually get this scope on the 70 seat jets? I'm pretty sure jerry is counting on these 70's for his future? We all know what CAL thinks of the crj 200! This COULD back skw into a corner. Discuss......
Unkle J is fixin' that!
Seems that SGU mentioned Q400s at CRJ200+/- rates.
A vocal number are now jacking it like a spider monkey in its cage. Amazing that they are getting a chubb over their long lost mainline jobs.
PBR

Unkle J is fixin' that!
Seems that SGU mentioned Q400s at CRJ200+/- rates.
A vocal number are now jacking it like a spider monkey in its cage. Amazing that they are getting a chubb over their long lost mainline jobs.
PBR

Is this like saying, "Hypotheticly, if I have a "friend"...."?

Latest resources

Back