• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL / CAL scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone seen a 70 seat RJ painted in the new United paint livery yet?????

I haven't.

If there is one thing I have learned at Mesaba in the last 6 years it's that paint doesn't mean a thing. They painted the Avros with the new NWA livery right up until they decided to get rid of them. Same thing with the Saabs and Delta paint. In fact, they painted the Saabs after they had already decided to get rid of them.

If there is one thing I have learned at Mesaba in the last 6 years it's that paint doesn't mean a thing. They painted the Avros with the new NWA livery right up until they decided to get rid of them. Same thing with the Saabs and Delta paint. In fact, they painted the Saabs after they had already decided to get rid of them.

Hell, UAL was sending the 737 to get painted and then sending them right to the grave yard!!!!

Wow that is impressive. Wonder what happens if you take away the global airline at the other end that handles every dime of the marketing? In similar amazing news, I totally won trivia at the layover bar in Tampa the other night. I got 20 bucks of my tab! Gettin' paid like Uncle Jerry! :beer:

SkyWest handles everything but the actual tickets on all of these flights. They set the times, they set the fares, they choose the aircraft, and they do all of the advertising. The only thing UAL gets out of the deal is the money paid should said passenger choose to connect onto a mainline/contracted route during their travels. Same with Delta on the SLC EMBs.

As for the AirTran stuff, If SkyWest makes a profit off the flying, so does AirTran. If not, AirTran breaks even.

New rumor coming from the CAL side
is that the company has offered a pay rate for United pilots to fly 70-seat and larger aircraft.

SkyWest handles everything but the actual tickets on all of these flights. They set the times, they set the fares, they choose the aircraft, and they do all of the advertising. The only thing UAL gets out of the deal is the money paid should said passenger choose to connect onto a mainline/contracted route during their travels. Same with Delta on the SLC EMBs.

As for the AirTran stuff, If SkyWest makes a profit off the flying, so does AirTran. If not, AirTran breaks even.

Does Skywest use the Skywest name in their advertising for these UAL and Airtran flights?

is that the company has offered a pay rate for United pilots to fly 70-seat and larger aircraft.

Don't get us all excited.

Does Skywest use the Skywest name in their advertising for these UAL and Airtran flights?

With Airtran, they are advertised that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_slJD6Jeuo

The strange thing though in the case of CAK, is that since Airtran already serves the airport, everything about it says Airtran---except for a some signs pointing out the relationship.

As for UA, I'm sure that contractually, no UAX carrier can advertise their name in national marketing, but only the UAX brand, except for magazines and such in the cabin.

DL is the same way, but that hasn't stopped OO from advertising the heck out of themselves at SLC, and the airports where they are the only carrier. Suffice to say, it's my belief that OO has free reign in UT and southern ID as far as their advertising goes, but that's probably because they are "the local carrier." Of course, the travelling public in Utah generally knows who SkyWest is.

Last edited:

Ya'll better hope its just a rumor!!!! But those rates are going to be less than what skywest pays their pilots. I would be nice to believe it would happen and see the flying back in house, then watch the regionals go into full blown panic mode, everyone freaking out how are they going to put food on the table or pay mortgages, god forbid ya'll have to go through what us furloughed pilots have endured, but it will never happen. Dreams are nice!!!

With Airtran, they are advertised that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_slJD6Jeuo

The strange thing though in the case of CAK, is that since Airtran already serves the airport, everything about it says Airtran---except for a some signs pointing out the relationship.

As for UA, I'm sure that contractually, no UAX carrier can advertise their name in national marketing, but only the UAX brand, except for magazines and such in the cabin.

DL is the same way, but that hasn't stopped OO from advertising the heck out of themselves at SLC, and the airports where they are the only carrier. Suffice to say, it's my belief that OO has free reign in UT and southern ID as far as their advertising goes, but that's probably because they are "the local carrier." Of course, the travelling public in Utah generally knows who SkyWest is.

So they advertise using the Skywest name only at markets who are served only by Skywest UAX? Do they use billboards, radio, TV, Internet, flyers?

There is some a lot of benefit to Skywest in the major airline partners to use their brand in it's advertisement because I dont think there would be as much traffic otherwise.

Ya'll better hope its just a rumor!!!! But those rates are going to be less than what skywest pays their pilots. I would be nice to believe it would happen and see the flying back in house, then watch the regionals go into full blown panic mode, everyone freaking out how are they going to put food on the table or pay mortgages, god forbid ya'll have to go through what us furloughed pilots have endured, but it will never happen. Dreams are nice!!!

Why would I hope it's just a rumor? And it's not like Skywest gets paid that much to fly them anyways.

Last edited:
So they advertise using the Skywest name only at markets who are served only by Skywest UAX? Do they use billboards, radio, TV, Internet, flyers?

There is some a lot of benefit to Skywest in the major airline partners to use their brand in it's advertisement because I dont think there would be as much traffic otherwise.

At no point in that post did I say that in regards to UAX. In fact, I specifically avoided putting FL, UA, and DL in the same paragraph just to AVOID that confusion.

However, to answer your question, unless proven otherwise, it's my belief that all advertising done for the United network is promoted as United Express, and ONLY as United Express.

As for your second paragraph, exposure is the key. The more one exposes themselves, the more known they become. This is why SLC works so well for OO, as they known via their own branding, concourse, and advertising, despite being part of the DL network (CPA and pro-rate.)

Latest resources

Back