UAL / CAL scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't feed the troll

What is the point of your post? And how is it relevant to the discussion I was having?

Man these d!ck spatchers swarm these boards and spout nonsense. Ignore / taunt them but dont feed them. Like PBR says, Their days are numbered any way.

Sorry,
Can not tell you how many times I have been aimed at a destination, only to have it go below minimums and had to wake/distract you from your WoW gaming to get a divert destination, fuel plan. Wait yes I can, at least 4 times in the last 3 years, not an admirable record for a group that is mandated to be following a flight. So when I say your days are numbered, they are, you are low hanging fruit on chipsters cost cutting game of life wrecking. I was self dispatched while 135 ops, don't really see much difference today. I look at the flight routing, WX, fuel as if I was the only one watching the flight, because it seems as if I am.
PBR

Sweet. This means that together, you guys can pow-wow every morning about which of you are going to cover who's flights that called in sick, or just didnt show at all. Then as you are pre-planning your flight, you can call all of the destination alternate cities to make sure they have staffing. And, if your APU is deferred you can call all your destinations to make sure they have operational equipment to serve you. If you are overwing fueling, you'll have to call and let all the fuelers know. Make sure you all draw straws to see who will take what aircraft to which maintenance bases so you can get all of these aforementioned items fixed. Make sure you have all the phone numbers you'll ever need for both US and Canadian customs at every possible airport and brush up on how to request landing rights in case you need to ferry an aircraft in or out, or if you end up diverting. You might want to brush up on flight level restrictions due to ozone concentrations. Monitor your own flow times, and make sure you input all those times into the reservation systems so the passengers know. Probably going to have to make sure you keep up to date on all the ATC playbook routes so you dont try to file the wrong ones. Also, make sure you code all of your delays correctly. If, for some reason, your ACARS is inop, you're going to have to input all those times in by hand (but I'm sure you know all those Deltamatic/Appolo/Shares entries by heart, because you are the infallable PBR). Let's do a two week test-run. Show the whole airline industry how its done. What do you say?

Last edited:
It's been confirmed. There's a lot of things happening right now behind the scenes and lots of deals are being made. But 70 payrates are included in management's latest proposal. From what I hear, it's laughable, but at least it's in there. I think if your'e at a regional right now, I'd be concerned. In fact, i'd be very concerned that this is just the beginning of an industry changing direction that will reshape the regional concept. It's coming.......

That aint going to happen, its just a tactic to show that they are bargaining in good faith!! Negotiations are going to stall till the end of the transition agreement, and then UAL legacy pilots are going to get furloughed, UAL legacy is itching to furlough another 500+ plus pilots, and give more to the rj's. The only pilots that need to worry are once again UAL pilots, so you rj's drivers have nothing to fear, just something to rejoice about......more flying, like I said before, "YOU ARE NOW UNITED AIRLINE PILOTS"!, take pride in that fact, while others lose everything, be proud!!

That aint going to happen, its just a tactic to show that they are bargaining in good faith!! Negotiations are going to stall till the end of the transition agreement, and then UAL legacy pilots are going to get furloughed, UAL legacy is itching to furlough another 500+ plus pilots, and give more to the rj's. The only pilots that need to worry are once again UAL pilots, so you rj's drivers have nothing to fear, just something to rejoice about......more flying, like I said before, "YOU ARE NOW UNITED AIRLINE PILOTS"!, take pride in that fact, while others lose everything, be proud!!

Let me guess...................you're buying into that Mayan calendar end of the world in 2012 thing?

Let me guess...................you're buying into that Mayan calendar end of the world in 2012 thing?

No, just pointing out what is happening in this "SCOPE" rj drivers are blind to the fact of what is going on around them, as long as they keep flying and get that quick upgrade who gives a sheeet!! Destroying of careers goes far beyond pilots, look at all the 20 - 30 yrs gate agents, rampers that have been laid off or offered their same job at min wage versus 20 - 25 an hour job with full beneies they once had. BBut its the truth whether you like it or not!

No, just pointing out what is happening in this "SCOPE" rj drivers are blind to the fact of what is going on around them, as long as they keep flying and get that quick upgrade who gives a sheeet!! Destroying of careers goes far beyond pilots, look at all the 20 - 30 yrs gate agents, rampers that have been laid off or offered their same job at min wage versus 20 - 25 an hour job with full beneies they once had. BBut its the truth whether you like it or not!

To be fair most RJ drivers on this board are aware that their current position is torpedoing a lot of chances for a real airline career. Unfortunately (esp at Skywest) Stockholm Syndrome is in effect for far too many. I do think the days of drooling over growth at mainline expense (cause it makes our company better!) has reached its ludicrous peak. That is unless you are a Skywest dispatcher or *god forbid* some guy who PFT'd at ASA in 1994 and never left for some reason...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back