• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL / CAL scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't talking about other regionals; I was talking about SkyWest. SkyWest has a sizeable at-risk operation. Most of it is the Brasilias, but there's also MKE, and certain DEN and ORD routes. At no point did I say that ALL, or NONE of their flying was at-risk.

Okay so Skywest is 95% staffing provider and 5% their own airline. I will give them credit in how they do business and how they protect themselves. Unlike many other regionals, I think skywest owns its own gates in SLC and has defined market share rights for ASA in ATL. I might be mistaken but that pretty much assures Delta's cooperation. But I think The jedi thinks a little to highly of his/her favorite regional company. I am not looking for a career at a regional but want a comfortable life if it does happen so I want to see good things happen at the regional level but NOT at the expense of mainline flying.

I will give them credit in how they do business and how they protect themselves. Unlike many other regionals, I think skywest owns its own gates in SLC and has defined market share rights for ASA in ATL. ... But I think The jedi thinks a little to highly of his/her favorite regional company. I am not looking for a career at a regional but want a comfortable life if it does happen so I want to see good things happen at the regional level but NOT at the expense of mainline flying.

I'm far from a yes-man, but I'll root for the home team.

I want to get on with a major as much as anyone else who does, but also want stability in the meantime. As you and I both know, UA/DL have full control over the FFD routes, if a routing move comes at the expense of mainline, then the blame needs to be put on HDQ---namely marketing, and the executives---not the lowly guy just trying to make a buck, feed his family, and make his passengers happy.

Why is it that Skywest Inc only cultivates pro-rate flying for Skywest and not ASA?

Because Atlantic Southeast is the red-headed step-child! (they even changed the name...)

I would say that is more at-risk flying that any other regional in the country.

Wow that is impressive. Wonder what happens if you take away the global airline at the other end that handles every dime of the marketing? In similar amazing news, I totally won trivia at the layover bar in Tampa the other night. I got 20 bucks of my tab! Gettin' paid like Uncle Jerry! :beer:

Last edited:
Wow that is impressive. Wonder what happens if you take away the global airline at the other end that handles every dime of the marketing?

It still gets advertised, because UA isn't paying for it in those markets.

Latest resources

Back