UAL/CAL near deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Date of Hire is the way they should handle the pilot list integration

Are you saying that a 10 year UAL pilot, who is furloughed, should be placed above a 5 year CAL pilot who has never been furloughed?

I disagree. Years of service possibly, but more fairly would be on property integration.

Now. If we're talking Airtran and Southwest then I agree with DOH! :laugh:

Gup

I have less than 100 people below me on the list at UA. For me, it truly doesn't matter what they do. I just hope BOTH groups have seen what can happen if things are done fairly and poorly. It will make or break the new airline.

I have less than 100 people below me on the list at UA. For me, it truly doesn't matter what they do. I just hope BOTH groups have seen what can happen if things are done fairly and poorly. It will make or break the new airline.

I'm a CAL pilot and I'm cautiously optomistic. Our group is made up of a lot of airlines and we've learned from that. You're right, it's more important to have a future than to get too greedy at this moment.

Cool heads will prevail...stop shooting. IF this goes through this monster of an airline will have the firepower expand over the next few years.

It is kind of exciting to think of working for a major airline that has major domestic and international hubs in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco and Washington DC as well as major presences in both Narita and Heathrow, sounds like a very promising company. As said before though, I am cautiosly optimistic.

Cool heads will prevail...stop shooting. IF this goes through this monster of an airline will have the firepower expand over the next few years.

Agreed.........let each property put together their best SLI scenarios - debate it - negotiate it and then pass it on to the arbitrator - who will then DECIDE it :)

LONG term a great oppurtunity to have a career again - assuming one side or the other does NOT drop the ball for scope/pay/work rules before the the combined contract is put together.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back