• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL near deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is kind of exciting to think of working for a major airline that has major domestic and international hubs in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco and Washington DC as well as major presences in both Narita and Heathrow, sounds like a very promising company. As said before though, I am cautiosly optimistic.

What, no love for Cleveland???

It could be a very profitable company but please take back scope with this deal rather than worrying about 15 yr 777 pay! At the very least put a cap on the current number of 70 seaters (props included). UALPA & CALPA really need to work together on this one. I am cautiously optimistic.

I just hope ALPA can take this opportunity to recapture what is left of our careers and bring back all the UAL/CAL furloughed pilots and rebuild a future should this merger go through. I also hope UAL/CAL ALPA puts a cap on the current 70 seaters and requires the termination of these contracts when the come due. Here is to optimism! Good luck to all of us.

I think we can agree on both sides that Sean Roth (SFR), can be excludued from any final list...

But that would ruin the "blanket party" we have planned for him after the merger.

Are you saying that a 10 year UAL pilot, who is furloughed, should be placed above a 5 year CAL pilot who has never been furloughed?
This could be closer to reality than one might think. From 1999-2001 UAL hired about 2000 pilots the mainline. Around the same time CAL also hired 2000, except they weren't to the mainline, they were at XJT, which was then spun off without any resistance from many pilots who don't want "those" kind of pilots on the property. This may be coming back to haunt them. There is a huge whole in the CAL seniority list at that point. I don't see it so far fetched to have an "adjustment" of sorts for this, advantageous to the junior UAL pilots, not so much for the CAL pilots.

This could be closer to reality than one might think. From 1999-2001 UAL hired about 2000 pilots the mainline. Around the same time CAL also hired 2000, except they weren't to the mainline, they were at XJT, which was then spun off without any resistance from many pilots who don't want "those" kind of pilots on the property. This may be coming back to haunt them. There is a huge whole in the CAL seniority list at that point. I don't see it so far fetched to have an "adjustment" of sorts for this, advantageous to the junior UAL pilots, not so much for the CAL pilots.

Nice to hear from the: don't-mind-throwing-somebody-on-my-own-list-under-the-bus guy. Or maybe that's not what you mean? WTF are you talking about?

Cleveland is the biggest $hitehole of a city. Such a wasteland.

Sorry, I lived there for 2 years and they were the worst of my life.

Sounds like you should go out and hang with Joakim Noah. I know you have at least one thing in common, you both hate Cleveland.

I was there last year for about a month and a half of training. And I would have to agree it does suck, but not quite as much as Newark. I spent a few weeks there for training and almost blew my brains out it sucked so much.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back