• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL/AMR/USAIR/DELTA Retirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wherever you are- age 65 in the worst case scenario- delays you 5 years- but maybe closer to 3-4. Maybe we'll all remember this and make sure that the FO position doesn't suck so bad.

I'm sure I missed out on some good times, but I've had a much better time accruing seniority at my major that I would have wasted by going to collage.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

As a late 80's new hire on the 727 panel, we had guys in around age 50 just getting their first CA checkout. They spent 12+ years on the panel of which 5-7 was on the street. Can't remember any of them bitching about it. This won't be the first long cycle of nothing moving. Their are way too many airliners flying around full loosing money. Just like the auto industry and housing industry we need a large reduction. Way too many people lived off home sale profits and home equity loans fueling an economy that needed to slow down 5+ years ago. This will all pass in time, like before.

With age 65 LTD premiums will increase. That is if company supplied/offered LTD is around in the future.

Last edited:
As a late 80's new hire on the 727 panel, we had guys in around age 50 just getting their first CA checkout. They spent 12+ years on the panel of which 5-7 was on the street. Can't remember any of them bitching about it. This won't be the first long cycle of nothing moving.

Nice to hear of what others (before) had to go through without complaining...of course there was no internet back then. But then again...the young pups now aren't worried about what happened years ago...only what concerns them now.

As a late 80's new hire on the 727 panel, we had guys in around age 50 just getting their first CA checkout. They spent 12+ years on the panel of which 5-7 was on the street. Can't remember any of them bitching about it. This won't be the first long cycle of nothing moving. Their are way too many airliners flying around full loosing money. Just like the auto industry and housing industry we need a large reduction. Way too many people lived off home sale profits and home equity loans fueling an economy that needed to slow down 5+ years ago. This will all pass in time, like before.

Well said. In addition, if you were furloughed you didn't get anywhere near the benefits many furloughed pilots today get and now see as an entitlement. It wasn't long ago no one got pass benefits, cobra payments, pilots reducing their hours or taking voluntary leaves to mitigate the experience. This is a terrible economy, it sucks getting furloughed, but some of these guys need to quit blaming everyone and everything for their predicament. A lot of pilots have turned furloughs into opportunities rather than feel sorry for themselves.

Latest resources

Back