Typical Jetblue Month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GuppyPuppy said:
You know...when I flew the Shuttle at UA I would generally clean first class.

GP

That is great. I too have turned a few seat belts over the years. When I commuted years ago it was on a -200. The station was not over staffed and when the flight was full/late I would always help out. My guess is that the JBLU are always late and maybe that is why they clean the planes, just helping out.

However, I can say I never told an OMC he had to clean to ride.

I always try to help out the F/A by cleaning the back after the flight. How else am I going to find the cool stuff all the pax leave behind...
Like USA Today and magazines. Heck, I haven't bought a pen in over 2 years!:pimp:

32LT10 said:

I also doubt any jetblue pilot has said that to an OMC!

32LT10 said:

Neither have I.

I think that this happened with one of our flight attendants, not one of our pilots. This is one of the issues I bring up during every briefing. Jumpseaters are NOT to help clean the cabin. This was made very clear recently by our chief pilot. I'm sorry if that happened to you.

GP

GuppyPuppy said:
Neither have I.

I think that this happened with one of our flight attendants, not one of our pilots. This is one of the issues I bring up during every briefing. Jumpseaters are NOT to help clean the cabin. This was made very clear recently by our chief pilot. I'm sorry if that happened to you.

GP

Several guys I have flown with say they have been told this several times when riding BJLU. About half have said they have helped the others just left. I can understand the dilema, you are thankful for ride, but the price was not on the menu when you ordered your meal and a little surprised at the cost. The ex-MIA crowd at UAL like the service they receive on you guys. Thanks for taking them to and from home.

32LT10 said:
Several guys I have flown with say they have been told this several times when riding BJLU. About half have said they have helped the others just left. I can understand the dilema, you are thankful for ride, but the price was not on the menu when you ordered your meal and a little surprised at the cost. The ex-MIA crowd at UAL like the service they receive on you guys. Thanks for taking them to and from home.

Hello to all you that are trying to glean useful/truthful information about jetBlue or any other carrier: For your edification, 32LT10 is a compulsive liar.

Juice

Pilottodd2 said:
Greetings, I have a few Questions about Jetblue. Can anyone help?

1. How long to get Ft. Lauderdale or Long Beach Domiciles?
Thanks

When on reserve, about a week prior to the start of the month thru the whole month, you can trade on call days in your own schedule for days off.
You can only do this if there is the company pre set coverage for the day you want off.

bluejuice787 said:
Hello to all you that are trying to glean useful/truthful information about jetBlue or any other carrier: For your edification, 32LT10 is a compulsive liar.

Juice

For your education I can email you the names of the pilots that I flew with that said they were told they had to clean to ride. I did say thanks for getting our guys to and from work. I think it is great that you guys clean. Keep up the good work.

The company policy is to not let OMC's clean. I have never seen another B6 pilot ask an OMC to clean. In fact I always tell the OMC's they are not allowed to clean. Recently we had some F/A's tell OMC's they had to clean and it has been addressed. That doesn't mean it wont happen. No matter what some are told they continue to be clueless and I apologize for that. If cleaning is a problem and you can't handle to see us do it (not you) then jump on someone else. I will never let you clean my plane.

Tail

tailhookah said:
The company policy is to not let OMC's clean. I have never seen another B6 pilot ask an OMC to clean. In fact I always tell the OMC's they are not allowed to clean. Recently we had some F/A's tell OMC's they had to clean and it has been addressed. That doesn't mean it wont happen. No matter what some are told they continue to be clueless and I apologize for that. If cleaning is a problem and you can't handle to see us do it (not you) then jump on someone else. I will never let you clean my plane.

Tail

I understand. I don't ride JBLU. If you want to clean then clean. It will keep your blood flowing during that ground time on those JFK-LGB-JFK turns.

Latest resources

Back