• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Typical Jetblue Month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

If you could take a minute from posting useful and helpful information to remind your listeners what you were banned for that would be great.

32LT10 said:
Did you really mean atypical? Because in the tone you wrote this it would lead one to believe that you think all UAL pilots acted in this manner. However, if you were to look up the definition of aytpical you would find this:

atypical- adj, Not conforming to type; unusual or irregular.

Sorry to pick apart your post but it just does not make sense. Maybe it is the old age or perhaps just your background.

My humblest apologies for not hitting the space and delete bar oh great one. When one resorts to spelling and grammer corrections, their arguments start dripping with desperation.

I will fix the space and problem post haste.

It is all better now, but the point remains the same Mr. Brain Surgeon.

Last edited:
IB6 UB9 said:

If you could take a minute from posting useful and helpful information to remind your listeners what you were banned for that would be great.

Was I banned? Why don't you tell me what happened, I missed the whole thing.

32LT10 said:

How pathetic you are. You have as much credibility as PFT128.

32LT10 said:

More proof of a split personality. Sounds like a fitness for duty eval. is in order.

Or should I say "another" fitness for duty eval.?

IB6 UB9 said:
How pathetic you are. You have as much credibility as PFT128.

You lack of humor is part of the problem. But if I was doing what you are doing I probably would not have a sense of humor either.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, flame bait...

32LT10 said:
According to the master scab list CO had 1,996 and UAL 837. The one good thing about having scabs on the property is you get to look at these maggots and watch them slither around operations and the terminal. You get a first hand look at what the make up of such miserable creatures they are. It gives you the better ability to see the qualities in others. Being able to recognize scab like tendencies is a benefit of having these rascals around.

West Coast turns is but an ingredient to the persona.

Nice. I assume you read all 10 pages of our initial alertness management program and formed a rational decision. We can and should have this debate. If something coming out of this study has an adverse impact on safety that outweighs its contributions towards safety, I would easilly be against it. Fair enough. But I don't see your correlation between transcon turns being scab like bahavior.

Assuming transcon turns are even what this study is mainly about, please explain how staying on the same side of the clock in the same amount of duty time or less as exists today is scab like.

No, better yet, explain how deadheading to the west coast and flying back the same day or reversing your circadian sleep cycle 5 times a week doing reduced rests, redeyes and day sleeps, or signing off on half your block hours to be outsourced to a portfolio of low bidding "Air Groups" that would make Frank Lorenzo proud carries the hard core unionist seal of approval.

IronCityBlue said:
No, better yet, explain how deadheading to the west coast and flying back the same day or reversing your circadian sleep cycle 5 times a week doing reduced rests, redeyes and day sleeps, or signing off on half your block hours to be outsourced to a portfolio of low bidding "Air Groups" that would make Frank Lorenzo proud carries the hard core unionist seal of approval.

It is only 3 time zones to the west coast. Big deal. If you have issues with how your trips are paired then deal with them on the company and association level. Do not change the entire industry just because your company plays liberaly with the FAR's. If you are on duty 16 hours and wind up 3 time zones away are you going to be any more or less tired? If blew likes to have you DH to the west coast and then fly back is that the problem of every pilot in the country to deal with?

One issue for your pilots is the lack of any flying once you get to the west coast. With the limited schedule you fly the trips are not as efficent as you would like. It is not as if they could send you to the west coast then back to DEN,DFW,SLC or up the coast to SEA,SFO,PDX etc to add a couple of hours and make the trips higher time. So because you blewboys and girls don't like something the entire industry should change.

Should I demand that all airlines adopt some rule from my company that benefits only us? How would that go over in blueville?

Speaking of farming out flying. How about we get the FAA to change the rules to say that only "air group" companies can fly aircraft with less than 100 seats. Yeah, that is what we should do. Demand that you guys can not fly your own 190's. They HAVE to be operated by someone else. That would benefit my company and do harm to you and yours. Like that idea? I can name more if you want.

32:

In purest fashion, you have demonstrated what a tool you really are......

How would having all the 190's and that type of airplane operated by others hurt JetBlue and help YOU? Not to mention, our 190's have 100 seats, so your example stinks as usual.

Awaiting your typical reply.

A350

logical debate (as usual)

32LT10 said:
It is only 3 time zones to the west coast. Big deal. If you have issues with how your trips are paired then deal with them on the company and association level. Do not change the entire industry just because your company plays liberaly with the FAR's. If you are on duty 16 hours and wind up 3 time zones away are you going to be any more or less tired? If blew likes to have you DH to the west coast and then fly back is that the problem of every pilot in the country to deal with?

One issue for your pilots is the lack of any flying once you get to the west coast. With the limited schedule you fly the trips are not as efficent as you would like. It is not as if they could send you to the west coast then back to DEN,DFW,SLC or up the coast to SEA,SFO,PDX etc to add a couple of hours and make the trips higher time. So because you blewboys and girls don't like something the entire industry should change.

Should I demand that all airlines adopt some rule from my company that benefits only us? How would that go over in blueville?

Speaking of farming out flying. How about we get the FAA to change the rules to say that only "air group" companies can fly aircraft with less than 100 seats. Yeah, that is what we should do. Demand that you guys can not fly your own 190's. They HAVE to be operated by someone else. That would benefit my company and do harm to you and yours. Like that idea? I can name more if you want.

A couple friends of mine are recently recalled United furloughees. They tell me there work rules are basically fly to the FAR's. They get less time off, fly more, get less OT, and spend considerably less time at home than I do. If the situation were reversed, you would say our work rules were scab like tendencies, wouldn't you? What's your point?

And as 350 pointed out, the 190 has 100 seats, so your example doesn't hold water. Secondly, transcon turns, IF that's what happens out of this study, would "benefit" all airlines equally. Its an issue of duty day, same side of the clock flying. Its nothing that would magically benefit B6. Besides, I'm sure your contract would prohibit it for you anyway, right? You never do redeyes, or deadhead more than an hour or two to fly one back, do you? Yep, its just B6.

Sure, give more logical examples. Like, how about airlines can only fly A320's and E190's! There's an intelligent come back!

By the way, did everyone notice what he did with the "blew" thing there? See, its pronounced like "Blue" but the literal meaning of that way he spells it disparages JetBlue in a very clever way. Like the past tense of Blows. That's solid.

So are we still debating if its transcon turns or the uncontrollale cancer of outsourcing to portfolio air groups that has caused the greater harm to the profession of airline pilot?

By the way, our trip productivity is among the best in the industry. Not being able to add a leg on the west coast isn't exactly dragging our daily credit average down very much. Hardly an "issue" as you call it. I think this month was 6.1 per day, or something like that. What's yours? Is anything less a scab like tendency?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back