Typical Jetblue Month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilottodd2

Greetings, I have a few Questions about Jetblue. Can anyone help?

1. How long to get Ft. Lauderdale or Long Beach Domiciles?

2. Assuming Airbus FO (2-year Equipment lock) can today's newhire get into the left seat of the EMB as soon as the equipment lock is over? How long for Airbus Captain?

3. I am noticing a lot of growth in MCO. Plus with the training facility there, are there any rumors of a crew base there?

4. For a new FO, what is a typical monthly schedule? How long on reserve?

5. I understand everyone gets a laptop for the FOM/FCOM/etc paperwork. What kind of laptop is it? Can it be used for personnel use as well? What if you already have a laptop? Can you use your own instead? (I have an Apple laptop with all my junk on it and dont want to haul around 2 computers).

6. Anyone have an idea of rent costs in the LA area? (I have wife and baby, so something a little bit on the nice side)

Thanks

Pilottodd2 said:
What kind of laptop is it? Can it be used for personnel use as well?

What, are you planning on starting your own HR department? Why would you use it for personnel use?

Pilottodd2 said:
6. Anyone have an idea of rent costs in the LA area? (I have wife and baby, so something a little bit on the nice side)

Thanks

You might try www.craigslist.com for rental rates. Just find your city on the right hand side of the page and then the housing info is in the top of the second column from the left.

As to the rest of the JBLU questions..........I am not allowed to say. But sanitation management skills are also a plus when contemplating the future ;)

Q & A

Pilottodd2 said:

2. Assuming Airbus FO (2-year Equipment lock) can today's newhire get into the left seat of the EMB as soon as the equipment lock is over? How long for Airbus Captain?

3. I am noticing a lot of growth in MCO. Plus with the training facility there, are there any rumors of a crew base there?

5. I understand everyone gets a laptop for the FOM/FCOM/etc paperwork. What kind of laptop is it? Can it be used for personnel use as well? What if you already have a laptop? Can you use your own instead? (I have an Apple laptop with all my junk on it and dont want to haul around 2 computers).

Thanks

1. FLL in about 3-4 months or less. Some (very few but it happens) get FLL right out of training, but don't plan on that. Also, its a dual base with PBI, although 90 something percent of flights start and finish in FLL. They all end where they start though, so that's good. LGB is a bit longer usually, but not excessively so.

2. Yes. You will get another 2 year equip lock of course. Bus Capt is runnung around the 2 year mark, or possily just below it. For a new hire today, I'd guess 2.5-3.5 at the most, unless growth stops or slows. Don't listen to the number crunchers who total projected staffing in the future and say we've already hired all bus captains. That logic doesn't take into account the substantial number of FO's in all bases and 190 Captains senior to the most junior bus captain. But if you bid first available it definately won't be FLL or LBG, and you'll likely be on reserve at least a year, most likely closer to 2 (hence the senior 190 Captains and system wide FO's).

3. Big time. But for now, they are just rumors. The consensus is an MCO base is inevitable, but later always seems more likely than sooner.

4. 12 days off regardless of the month (more than some legacys who fly the 320 [and outsource everything smaller, of course]), so you have time to get that sanitation job, or whatever he was saying)

5. Model varies depending on what deal they get at the time, but all are comparable. Windows based. You can use for personal use but you can't install most programs and you are very limited with the admin rights. You can't use your own, but more guys than you would expect do lug around 2.

6. See the witty fact filled post above.

Last edited:
Pilottodd2 said:

Thanks

1. FLL: depends. Know several new guys (less than 3 months on property) that have bid it. Downside to FLL -- reserve for about 2 months longer than the typical jfk bubba.

2. Yes, depending upon seniority. My guess for Airbus CA -- 2-4 years.

3. MCO as a base in the fall, at least that's what I hear.

4. JFK fo -- 2-3 months on reserve. Average line after that is 82 hours or so.

5. It's an hp. Not bad for business. Not good for games. Company restricts what you can install on it because you connect to their servers and they worry about security issues. Other than that, I use mine at home as an extra computer on my wireless network. I am on it right now. Cannot use your own. Just transfer what you need to the company laptop.

6. No clue. Good luck, I hear real estate in CA is fairly priced. Ha.

32LT10 said:
Hey, now I don't work for blue.

Now it all makes sense. You used to but you got fired. Man you got screwed. If only there was a union on property, they may have been able to save your job...

Pilottodd2 said:
Pilottodd2 said:

Thanks

Currently I am in FLL sitting RSV. I will answer the #'s that I can from firsthand experience.

1. I was the most junior in my new-hire class: first IOE flight on Jan 1st. 06 JFK. Spent 2 months in JFK on RSV. First RSV day in FLL on March 1st. My bid had 2 pilots still in IOE get FLL junior to me. Next bid had 7 still in IOE get FLL. I would have missed a Line in JFK bye 4 pilots (old farts in the class got lines, ya you B.CHEF) this month and I missed bye 3 in FLL. Expecting FLL line in May.

4. If you live in this area it's great. I have flown one trip all month. Scheduling usually will give you a good idea of what's going on down here. I actually raced on the Bay Sat. while on-call after getting a heads up the day was not going to produce any flying. I have never been called for a min call-out time. Always the day prior I get a call while on rsv to give head's up of the assignment for the next day.

5. I am using the computer right now wirelessly from my boat in Biscayne Bay. As B.CHef said, it's good for business apps, not good for games. As for the Adim rights, IT has installed all my NAV charts and verizon wireless software. If it has to do with money management, navigation (google earth), weather, scheduling, etc. IT has blanket authority to add the software.

PM me if you have anymore questions that I can help with.

Blue Skies and Tailwinds,

Last edited:
32LT10 said:
You might try www.craigslist.com for rental rates. Just find your city on the right hand side of the page and then the housing info is in the top of the second column from the left.

As to the rest of the JBLU questions..........I am not allowed to say. But sanitation management skills are also a plus when contemplating the future ;)

You know...when I flew the Shuttle at UA I would generally clean first class.

GP

Latest resources

Back