Two Pilot Marriages

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
You'd probably be giddy with joy if you got a man to clean your toilet.

I'd be giddy if I got a man to clean my toilet....but he better be in a thong with a nice arse.

If it ain't tight it ain't right.

He he ;)

FlyUnited said:
Yes, I am UNABLE to clean. As you stated, I have "no domestic work value". I won't fight that point, it's true. But I do have a live-in housekeeper who takes care of that for me. When I was young, my parents also had a live-in housekeeper, so it's never been something I've ever considered doing. I'm sorry if that is wrong to you. My mother never worked a day in her life, but she never cleaned or cooked either. Now where would she fit in to your perfect little world? I would probably poison my family by accident if I even attempted to cook, so I don't. No one taught me how and the closest I ever got to preparing a meal was in boarding school when they made the mistake of giving me kitchen duty one semester. And just to be clear, I would have lost my mind if my life consisted of dinner parties like my mom's life was.

Sounds like your Mom was a socialite. Did she volunteer to the community or a charitable organization? what did she do with her life? And you never answered my question concerning what you would do if you could not work.

Live in housekeeper? You and I are so far apart. My family is blue collar baby. Not all of my generation has gone to college.

Boarding school? You keep getting better and better. more privileged than ever..

FlyUnited said:
Why does a woman working seem so threatening to you? Does my mom's lack of cleaning and cooking expertise insult you too? And if it does, why is that? My father was quite proud that she didn't work and would probably have been insulted if he ever saw her having to stoop to that level.

Insulted by what?

A working woman doesn't threaten me. I think if a women wants to work she should. Women in the workplace increase diverity and that's good.

However, if a two income couple makes decrestionary income and has kids then shame on them. When declaring your rights, don't forget your responsibilities.

FlyUnited said:
To be clear, my husband and I do have defined "his" or "her" projects. His projects include buying me flowers and rubbing my shoulders while we watch TV. I have some special "her" things I do for him that keep him pretty content too. Our relationship, family life, and lifestyle fits us perfectly. And to quote you, I bet your wife will never lay on her deathbed and wish she had spent more time cleaning the family toilet. Perhaps she will wish she had spent more time enjoying her life.

If my wife passes away at least she will know the toilet is clean and she was humble enough to do it or she was married to someone who was. She is character based.. not privileged or culture based..

FlyUnited said:
As I have stated in earlier threads, I think raising a child is more about the attention, love and their responsibility to society than their watching their mother scrub the floors when her intellectual ability is much higher. To me, that is called a martyr.

Actually I think children should be scrubbing the floors so mom can have a break.

But that is just it. You think my non college educated toilet cleaning wife is nothing but a mindless servant. You fit the profile of Cinderella's wicked step mother...

FlyUnited said:
As they say, we only have one life. I have no intention of spending it cleaning up after people.

Not even after yourself...

FlyUnited said:
If a woman is forced because of financial difficulties to clean either her or another person's home, that is a completely different story. Would you berate a poor woman who must clean others homes because of financial destitution as being selfish too?

Nope... I think the woman that cleans your toilet has more character and work ethic than you. but we aren't talking about that.. stay on the issue.

FlyUnited said:
This routine could go on for another 11 pages and neither of us will ever change our position. I believe that only people without the means to afford live-in help should be forced into domestic servitude. Therefore, I think any man who expects his wife to stay home (unless she wants that too......and some do) to clean and cook while the rest of the family gets to enjoy their lives, is a selfish individual.

My wife and I can't afford live in help.... but we don't view ourselves as being forced into domestic servitude. We call it discharging our responsbilties and being self reliant...

You really do think cooking and cleaning is beneath you.

If I were to lose my job, YES, I would take care of my family and myself. I am not beneath cleaning up but I am above someone thinking so little of me that I would be forced to do it. Do people WANT to clean crap up? ewww

I give 100% of my salary to charity. My husband supports us. We know we were very lucky in the lottery gene pool but we have always given away our salaries to others. My children have never had a traditional family Thanksgiving in their lives, nor have I. As soon as the children could walk, they served Thanksgiving dinner at the homeless shelter. Before that, they sat in a stroller as I served the dinner. Now, even as they have grown up, it is our family tradition to always serve Thanksgiving there. It is something we cherish and look forward to.

You seem to miss what I'm saying, or more possibly I have misrepresented myself, I do NOT clean or cook.....because I don't want to nor do I have the least amount of talent to do so. I give away my time and money. That's what I do. I choose as wisely as possible and I always volunteer first to get a feel for the organization. I have fundraisers which also raise money to the organizations I deem worthy. And because I'm a so called 'feminist', most go to single, needy woman. Luckily I gave birth to two boys that now follow in my footsteps and respect the women they date. Amazingly (not really), all the girls they date seem to be on career paths too....much better than anything I've ever done.

My father was a republican that was raised in a home of boys...I guess he had no idea what to do when his 4th little kid popped out and she was a girl. So he raised me to believe that the world was mine for the taking...so I did. (I would guess your Dad did that for you too....did he do that for your sisters?)

We are different people. If you really help your wife 50/50 (or as much as could be expected from someone who works), then I applaud you and apologize for my mistake.

Best of luck to you.

Okay, seriously, the minute I can afford to have someone else clean my toilet I'm going to do it. If you're going to clean a toilet you might as well get paid to do it. And if it's not me then more power to me. :D

Latest resources

Back