Two Pilot Marriages

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

Is there anyone out there that is married to another pilot. How do you make it work? Did one of you give up flying for some time to have kids?

Way2Broke said:
Is there anyone out there that is married to another pilot. How do you make it work? Did one of you give up flying for some time to have kids?

Works for two couples I know. No kids yet...

I'm getting married next month to another pilot.

I'll let you know how it works out...

Way2Broke said:
Did one of you give up flying for some time to have kids?
Yes. If this won't work for you, you should plan on living nextdoor to the grand 'rents. Otherwise, your child(ren) will be raised by a nanny.

nice setup. Empty kitchen. kids grow up to be substance abusers

nice nice nice

two-career household....nothing like America

Way2Broke said:

Here it is.... if one doesn't give up flying then why have kids? I mean whats the point. It bad enough that one parent is done on 3 or 4 or more day trips...

Two married pilots that want kids? Why what are you trying to gain and at whose expense...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Here it is.... if one doesn't give up flying then why have kids? I mean whats the point. It bad enough that one parent is done on 3 or 4 or more day trips...

Two married pilots that want kids? Why what are you trying to gain and at whose expense...

Amen! There is nothing wrong with being married and not having kids if you both want to continue with your career. I'm 14 years into my marriage and we are very happy with our decision not to have kids! If we had wanted kids, one of us would have stayed home, but not having kids is great for us!

Way2Broke said:
That is exactly what we did. The Mrs. informed me that she wanted to 'be a mom' and was willing to give up flying in order to do so. I would never have forced my wife to quit flying (nor am I foolish enough to think that I could ever force her to do anything), but for us it was the right decision. She is happy in her supreme Mom-ness and I am happy that she is happy. She does miss the flying and getting out on the road and everything that goes along with the pilot lifestyle, but she just keeps telling me I need to buy her a plane. (Someday soon, I hope!).

The alternative is you both keep flying. I know of several couples at FedEx that fly and bid so that someone is always home. They don't see that much of each other since one or the other is almost always on a trip, but they make it work.

Hope that helps,
Beertini

Great for you both being pilots and not having kids?

If not to procreate why get married and take a chance on having half or more of your stuff taken from you later? Plus your mothers heart is breaking over you not producing some grandkids, you heartless sunova...

I've heard of a small % of married pilots.....if it works...hey...go for it.

I could never do it...be like being married to myself. Yuck!!!

Latest resources

Back