Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two people in Aviation with Kids. Does it work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, all these pages of posts you have told us that it was the women's job to clean the house and raise the children but when it comes to YOUR daughter, she has 'free will' when it comes to the matter. How interesting that you feel that way Rez.

I don't think ALL women staying home, cleaning and raising children, are controlled by male pigs...not even close. In fact, I believe many have chosen this lifestyle and are very much happy. My problem is with the men who come here and say that this is the ONLY option for women and any woman who chooses differently is not a good or fit mother.

By the way, who said anything about the race of the help in my home? To add to that, who even said if they were female? You are making a lot of assumptions. For all you know, I may have Jacque Cousteau coming over to cook a Fish Fry every night.

As for your comment about the Russian girls - too funny.....have these guys no shame? Either way, these girls are NOT attracted to these men, just their wallets. So the men are taking advantage of their being poor and in the most disgusting manner I can think of. Sliming their fat bodies all over them.. GROSS! Good thing the courts always take half his money away later (and give it to her) for his being a pig now.

So, all these pages of posts you have told us that it was the women's job to clean the house and raise the children but when it comes to YOUR daughter, she has 'free will' when it comes to the matter. How interesting that you feel that way Rez.

Sorry..once again you are trying to spin what I've said... I never said it is a womans job to clean house. Don't confuse me with other posters. In fact the last set of days off I cooked and cleaned.

Nonetheless, if a women chooses to marry and be a domestic homemaker which includes cooking and cleaning.....is that a problem? It seems that it is for you becuase you cannot grasp the concept. Why would a women do this? Therefore you make men out to be controlling pigs that force women to cook and clean.

If my daughter wants to be a homemaker that is her choice. In addition, what would I have to gain by forcing or directing my daughter to marry a patriarch?

What I have said on this thread and I have posted news articles to support it..... is.... women try and do too much. They don't choose. They give in to societies demands and then get fustrated and overwhelmed when it is too much. And it is...

All I advocate is that women choose one "job" at a time: profession or mother. They can do both really well....one at a time. And lets be clear.. a man can't do both at the same time, either. So put that in your hate machine and see what kid of answer comes out.

I don't think ALL women staying home, cleaning and raising children, are controlled by male pigs...not even close. In fact, I believe many have chosen this lifestyle and are very much happy. My problem is with the men who come here and say that this is the ONLY option for women and any woman who chooses differently is not a good or fit mother.

See me above reply to your quote or actually read my posts on this thread...

By the way, who said anything about the race of the help in my home? To add to that, who even said if they were female? You are making a lot of assumptions. For all you know, I may have Jacque Cousteau coming over to cook a Fish Fry every night.

Ok... what is the demographic of the hired help at your house?

1. Race
  2. gender
  3. economic status
  4. legal status

As for your comment about the Russian girls - too funny.....have these guys no shame?

I don't know.... I am sure they don't have the skill set to bag an attractive chick like yourself so they go wife shopping overseas...

Either way, these girls are NOT attracted to these men, just their wallets.

No sh*t.... thier future is bleak... they are looking to get out...

So the men are taking advantage of their being poor and in the most disgusting manner I can think of.

maybe... they both have somethig to offer each other... have you ever considered what your life would be if you born on the dirt streets of a third world country? I don't think you'd be flying jets.

Sliming their fat bodies all over them.. GROSS! Good thing the courts always take half his money away later (and give it to her) for his being a pig now.

You don't seem to be judging both genders equally.

Question for you.... is your housholds income from UAL only? Or does your husband work? And if yes then it would appear you need his income to live the lifestyle you lead... and if so...then it looks like you got a nice quid pro quo going on....

I'd like to think if you and Mega were 20 year girls in Russia with a bleak future what you'd be willing to do... you'd proabaly clean a toilet and allot more to live in anytown, usa.... instead why not be grateful for what you got....and have empathy for those who do not....

Uh, hey sugarplum....my mom and I came from the Eastern block (yes, I was born there and I go back regularly) so don't try to "show me the light", k? My mom cleaned nasty hotel rooms when she first came here and many times took me with her...my father was off drinking himself to death...so excuse me for not wanting to be a little house wifey and wanting to take care of myself. If my mom had done the same, she might not be working her a$$ off doing $hit jobs to this day (which is straight from her mouth), but I suppose that's her fault for not "marrying right", eh? My comment had nothing to do with a lack of empathy....it had to do with women lying about loving to cook and clean and stupid men actually buying that bull$hit.

why the hostility?

My question to the gentlemen on this board: if you have a daughter who seems to be quite bright, what are you going to tell her when she grows up? Are you going to say, "Darling, I think it's time for you to spread those legs and forget about your plans. Your life is simply going to be about raising the babies now. Life was fun but now your choices are over, you are going to put yourself secondary to everyone in your family and you will cook and clean up after them. Their needs will become your biggest focus. Enjoy it, this is why you were put on the planet, to pander to men and their children....enjoy cleaning out our toilets.

Please let us know how that conversation goes, it should be a hoot. :cartman:

I guess this was for the guys, but what the heck...

I have to say, most women (or men for that matter) don't do all the cleaning/cooking, etc. because it's so fantastic ~ but how many of us can afford to hire everything out? Not many.

As for the feminist point of view, you know what's sad? Feminism is always attacking its own ~ it doesn't provide women with SUPPORT or a CHOICE to work or stay home, it makes yet another demand of us.

So what happens, now that our economy demands that we have a dual income household, to those of us who truly need to be at home? I will tell you, I had planned to return to work after the kids were in school fulltime, but after having a special needs child I probably will not be able to do so. Now what? Am I the anti-feminist for being at home scrubbing the toilet? a) that's insulting, b) I love my family and wouldn't have it any other way than to be there for my kids (someone has to be their advocate!) and what I truly don't get is people who are afraid to do the work required of the job ~ that's what we signed up for! ~ to say nothing of someone who gets on her high horse because someone else DOES do what's required and then attempts to make the person of lesser means feel bad about herself - of course, this "high horse" mentality really is just severe insecurity, but that's another thread...

Anyway, why all the hostility toward stay-at-home moms? What's wrong, are we making you look bad? Feeling guilty? The kids holding you to the fire on your decisions? That will happen.

FlyUnited, I hope your daughter does some really good genetic planning and doesn't wind up getting more than she is willing or ready to take on; she sounds spoiled. So do you. It isn't as if we have a choice always, you know.

For the record, my other half never MAKES me do anything... he knows better (and wouldn't want to anyway.)

Best of luck.

the sound of crickets is deafening! ;)

Good post Candy.. My wife wasn't made to do anything, to the contrary, I'm made to support her and the kids financially and if I leave her, she can land on her own feet with a masters degree from UCLA and 1/2 our estate.

It doesn't matter what career you're in anymore. There is a better than 50/50 chance that even a dedicated, loving, stay at home mom that cooks, cleans, and vacuums every day is going to get shat on by her dream lawyer or doctor husband. I've seen it a hundred times.

Trophy wife = (half your age) + 7 years

I've actually counseled my son, who wants a career as a naval aviator, NOT to get married. How sad is that? He says, "But you and mom have stayed together." True. So far, I can't come up with an honest answer as to how...

Trophy wife = (half your age) + 7 years

quote]

Holy crap, that's nearly the exact formula for my 'significant other' and I... only in reverse: I'm 39 and he's 29. ;)

Latest resources

Back