TWA settlement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:laugh: Clueless.

If what Howard posted is true, I suggest you shut your computer, and call them ASAP.
I simply cut and pasted from a lawsuit filed in United States District Court Northern Division. This document is a matter of public record. Anyone can file a lawsuit and recent history excluded, winning a DFR suit is an extremely tall hurdle to overcome.

Toad..What alternate universe are you living in if you think one could not deduce who you are just from the manner and style of your postings much less the content. I too hope you pay soon for your recent disgusting and disturbing comments. Please resign your ALPO EVP and leave this pilot group at once.

RV

That argument falls apart quickly when you find out that ALPA senior staff and officers wanted the first deal to go out. Not that they took an official position or told the MEC what to do, but it was clear what their opinion was...

So the "senior staff" wasn't as reckless as the ALPA status reps. Who was that, the secretaries? No surprise, because your average josephine on the street realizes when your company is bought and your new owners are offering you the same position with a 50% pay increase, it's an offer you outta look at.

How do you reckon the ALPA reps reject a deal 7-1 cuz "the seniority wasn't good enuf" and talk tuff about going to arbitration telling pilots "there's nothing to worry about", then just a few weeks later accept a deal with 1-2% better seniority, no money, no 10 yr ATL base, no 850 capt seats, and no furlough protection, UNANIMOUSLY, and tell pilots "you better take this or risk not integrating"?

Remember, the MCO ALPA clowns justified their votes for the worse deal by claiming the lawyers told them "all along" that court challenges and outcomes were totally unpredictable. They didn't bother to report that until it was time to CYA.

That's because PCL wanted it all.

The gameplan was to downplay the SW contract from day one. Why? Because they knew it would be there in the end. So focus only on seniority. Once seniority was decided, then the money would be there regardless.

Well that changes quickly when Gary guarantees you those pay rates and work rules immediately with other protections for a SL on the table. ALPA overplayed their hand and cost the AirTran pilots literally tens of millions of dollars.

I was in complete disbelief when the MEC voted the deal down. Not because I new it was a great deal, but because I knew things would change quickly..and not for the better.

I simply cut and pasted from a lawsuit filed in United States District Court Northern Division. This document is a matter of public record. Anyone can file a lawsuit and recent history excluded, winning a DFR suit is an extremely tall hurdle to overcome.

Exactly.

Toad..What alternate universe are you living in if you think one could not deduce who you are just from the manner and style of your postings much less the content. I too hope you pay soon for your recent disgusting and disturbing comments. Please resign your ALPO EVP and leave this pilot group at once.

RV

Dick, this is an anonymous forum, so I will neither confirm nor deny my identity, but you're free to believe whatever you want.

...I was in complete disbelief when the MEC voted the deal down. Not because I new it was a great deal, but because I knew things would change quickly..and not for the better.

Well, ALPA knew it too, but not the pilots. The Merger Committee guys told us later that GK had briefed the entire ALPA staff on where this was heading without a pilot vote, complete with warnings about Transtar, apparently. The vice chair on the Merger Committee said none other than our EVP helped cover up the details of that meeting at a time the pilots were begging for info.

That's probably why the ALPA staff wanted the thing to have a vote. Too bad we didn't know until it was too late.

No wonder SWA was pissed. They had an agreement with ALPA only to have ALPA torpedo it by not allowing a pilot vote. ALPA accepted the deal before they rejected it. They were for it before they were against it! Cue the John Kerry voice...

Saved SWA a ton of money GK was trying to pay us. Helped fund the 717 conversion.

"...so I will neither confirm nor deny my identity..."
Why is that Toad? Not proud to have your comments linked to your "identity?" Again, like it even matters Toad. Everyone on here knows who you are...You're in fantasy land if you think your "identity" or cover isn't blown ya stooge.
RV

Latest resources

Back