• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA Flt 800

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The question really is how do you best hide something this public?

Right out in the open has always been the most effective. Every theory brought forward will be immediately ridiculed or squashed publicly except the dubious cover story about a supposed self-ignition of vapors in a center fuel tank. It starts sounding plausible enough upon spurious examination and soon enough, after a coordinated media circus, most folks will go along with it and dutifully begin to ape all on their own the same discrediting tactics as they have heard repeated over and over again in the media.

Putting all that aside, the official NTSB explanation does not stand up well when examined more closely, so it is a good thing that someone has enough spine to reopen this thing and see where the clues lead this time.

I don't need tin foil or spam to realize that things in this instance may not be as they were made to appear, no matter how many may be emotionally invested in the prevailing spin.

The technique you reference is known as "gaslighting" and is deployed more often than most people realize. Get people to start questioning their own recollection of events or their own judgement and they are far easier to manipulate.

It was outside the envelope for a manpad and manpads go for heat (engines).

Reaching way back in my memory I thought there were some manpads that could make it to 13,000+ feet. And the center of 4 JT9's is about where the center fuel tank is.

The history of the United States government is typically exaggerating events or falsifying evidence as a case for war. Several examples come to mind, the Gulf of Tonkin incident, WMDs in Iraq are few of the more note able ones. The conspiracy theories involving Sept. 11 all involve the government playing a role in order to justify war. This conspiracy theory goes just the opposite of all of the known and fictional conspiracy theories out there - that the government covered up an attack in order to prevent a war. That alone makes me very skeptical.

The history of the United States government is typically exaggerating events or falsifying evidence as a case for war. Several examples come to mind, the Gulf of Tonkin incident, WMDs in Iraq are few of the more note able ones. The conspiracy theories involving Sept. 11 all involve the government playing a role in order to justify war. This conspiracy theory goes just the opposite of all of the known and fictional conspiracy theories out there - that the government covered up an attack in order to prevent a war. That alone makes me very skeptical.

Unless this one has all to do with "friendly" fire.

There have been four KC-135s that blew up, including the last one out of Bishkek, I believe. The AF did not know what happened in the 1st 3. They thought it was the center fuel tank explosion, but they did not have definitive evidence.

cliff
GRB

Reaching way back in my memory I thought there were some manpads that could make it to 13,000+ feet. And the center of 4 JT9's is about where the center fuel tank is.
Nope, at least not in 1996. I don't know about now. It would have gone for the hottest spot/hottest engine, not the center of a heat mass.

There is absolutely no way our government pulled this off and kept it quiet either then or now. No way. My favorite theory is that a missile from a US Navy destroyer shot it down. Really? A boat filled with 300 kids shot that thing down and not one... not one of those 17-25 year old sailors said a word about it. Give me a break. That news would have hit the pier before the first line was cast ashore.

No way any patriot working for the CIA, FBI, NSA, or other spy agency would pull the trigger on that mission. A mission such as this would need several people "in the know" and I don't believe for a second that there are half a dozen sworn agents that would do such a thing against their country and innocent citizens. No way they were tricked into doing it by some political appointee either cause if that were to happen to me try stopping me from speaking to every news outlet in the country to tell the real story.

No way the government paid some 3rd world operative to do it either cause: 1) Employees in one of the above agencies would have had to work that deal and; 2) that 3rd world dirtbag would have gone public with it in order to get his martyr lifetime membership card.

Crap happens. May they all rest in peace.

^this

Latest resources

Back