Tsa Gj Loa Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KingKong2 said:
redbook..... you keep calling me DAN....for the record my names is not DAN. I never will be DAN. I don't even know who you are and I have never worked for TSA. So stop saying I am someone I am not. KingKong2 has nothing to do with my name. It was the only thing I could think of when signing up for this site. Because I had just downloaded the ATRI King Kong Game and had been playing it.

DAN:

How did you know that the King in KingKong2 led anyone to believe that you're Dan? As in DK, the GJ scum.

flyer172r said:
Hard to negotiate with a management team that won't even talk to you. And before you say "oh they made an offer"....one single offer does not a negotiation make. Management has flat out refused to play ball with its own pilots over this issue, which is why the pilots are trying to take things further with picketing

I don't understand that. If you had something to vote on than that is the culmination of a negotiation...not part of the negotiations themselves. So if you are voting then there was a negotiation. I think you are referring to this weeks vote where the TSA pilots voted to reject the offer to gain scope over Go-Jet. If that is what you were referring to then I would ask what did you expect, a resounding no vote followed by a humbled company putting forth a better offer? That would only have happened if the company felt that their position with the courts or the NMB was weak. As has been discussed on here many times before the pilots position is weak not strong which was the point of my original post about negotiations. When you did your original contract and talked about scope your negotiators were not very thorough in protecting your interests. While that sucks for the pilots at Trans States it means that you probably will lose any neutral arbitration or court hearing that may occur on this. Sorry!

pipejockey said:
I agree with this scenario except the GJ pilots will not be paid less than TSA. They will probably be paid a little more. It certainly won't be significant, I mean we are only talking about 16 more seats.

They don't get block or better so even if hourly rate is more they will still take a pay cut overall.

Unfortunately, the root cause of this problem was a back-room 2 year contract extension (pilots did not vote) made by management and the TSA MEC. Had that not been done, TSA pilots would be making a strike vote right now and thus would be dictating the terms for both TSA and GJ. That was a huge error made by their MEC and is one reason some left TSA for GJ. TSA pilots have long been misled by their MEC.

Instead of taking responsibility for their screwup, they decide to wage war with GJ pilots, many of whom are furloughed mainline pilots. Now it seems even ALPA national will no longer campaign against GJ or their pilots.

fuelflow said:
Unfortunately, the root cause of this problem was a back-room 2 year contract extension (pilots did not vote) made by management and the TSA MEC. Had that not been done, TSA pilots would be making a strike vote right now and thus would be dictating the terms for both TSA and GJ. That was a huge error made by their MEC and is one reason some left TSA for GJ. TSA pilots have long been misled by their MEC.

Instead of taking responsibility for their screwup, they decide to wage war with GJ pilots, many of whom are furloughed mainline pilots. Now it seems even ALPA national will no longer campaign against GJ or their pilots.

Busy morning keeping up with your lies. Again, another false argument. Pilots were screwed over, supposedly, so thence they screw over an even larger (actually every one of their fellow pilots and pilots at all other regionals)group of their fellow pilots. If that sounds good, then go to g0jet!

As for alpa national's response, stay tuned. And you will be held accountable for your actions.

I've been staying tuned to ALPA national for several months now. Woerth already told you guys the sobering news of their legal position.

And please be specific when accusing me of lying.

fuelflow said:
I've been staying tuned to ALPA national for several months now. Woerth already told you guys the sobering news of their legal position.

And please be specific when accusing me of lying.

because you are not doing anything illegal by joining g0jet, does that make it the right thing to do? The lie I was referring to was your statement that alpa national has abandoned the fight against g0jet. That are plenty of legal things you can do that will earn the animosity of pilots, but perhaps none more so than joining with a management team to create an alter ego outfit to whipsaw the hard working members of an established airline. You never address the basic premise of g0jet and why you are now complicit with one of the worst management teams in the business. Only thing you didn't count on, was that they were going to screw you over just as quick.

redbook said:
That are plenty of legal things you can do that will earn the animosity of pilots, but perhaps none more so than joining with a management team to create an alter ego outfit to whipsaw the hard working members of an established airline.

You mean like ALPA and APA have joined with management to create alter ego outfits. Freedom, Republic, MidAtlantic, and G0jts are all alter ego carriers that were created to either get around mainline scope clauses or mainline jets4jobs provisions. Tell me, what is ALPA's definition of "alter-ego"?

Joe

JoeMerchant said:
You mean like ALPA and APA have joined with management to create alter ego outfits. Freedom, Republic, MidAtlantic, and G0jts are all alter ego carriers that were created to either get around mainline scope clauses or mainline jets4jobs provisions. Tell me, what is ALPA's definition of "alter-ego"?

Joe

I knew that someone would make this argument....so effectively we should all just throw in the towel and say f!ck it. Trans States is one company being divided by managment into two. Pilots have worked for years at tsa only to see their career progressions stopped by the whipsaw. Period. Simple. Now lets bring every other issue in aviation and throw it into this mess, confuse everyone and muddy the waters.

Latest resources

Back