Tsa Gj Loa Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyer172r said:
Because of the real reason they want to run GJ without us. It's why they're excluding us, and it's why we're fighting this. We're not crying over not flying the "exciting 70-seat jets." We're fighting so that management doesn't get away with starting another carrier and using it to hurt us in upcoming contract negotiations.

"We ARE FIGHTING...." Thats the problem with ALPA. ALPA only cares about their 2%. Thats why they gave you that POS to get control of the GJ flying. Instead of fighting, why not work with the IBT. The only way to end the "whipsaw", if there is any, is to work together.... NOT fight. If the IBT can get a good CBA for GJ, and ALPA can focus on their CBA in SEC 6 and get a good CBA. Then the Industry will be better off than if ALPA fights and signs a deal just to get the flying and get their 2%. UNION is UNION. STOP fighting and work together. That is the ONLY way to get the best outcome. Right now with all the fighting Mngt is the only one wining anything.

210RR8DOG and BOILERUP... everyong is sick of hearing you 1000hours wonders. Why do you think you know everything? You are LOW time and NEW to the Industry. Pipey little kids like you give the rest of the Proffesional Pilots at TSA and other REGIONALS a bad name. When you get 7000+hours, MOMMY stops paying your bills and you have a family and a real life outside of this website, then come back and post with the knowledge you have gained. Until then SHUT your PIPEY WHINEY MOUTHS.

Last edited:
KingKong2 said:
"We ARE FIGHTING...." Thats the problem with ALPA. ALPA only cares about their 2%. Thats why they gave you that POS to get control of the GJ flying. Instead of fighting, why not work with the IBT. The only way to end the "whipsaw", if there is any, is to work together.... NOT fight. If the IBT can get a good CBA for GJ, and ALPA can focus on their CBA in SEC 6 and get a good CBA. Then the Industry will be better off than if ALPA fights and signs a deal just to get the flying and get their 2%. UNION is UNION. STOP fighting and work together. That is the ONLY way to get the best outcome. Right now with all the fighting Mngt is the only one wining anything.

210RR8DOG and BOILERUP... everyong is sick of hearing you 1000hours wonders. Why do you think you know everything? You are LOW time and NEW to the Industry. Pipey little kids like you give the rest of the Proffesional Pilots at TSA and other REGIONALS a bad name. When you get 7000+hours, MOMMY stops paying your bills and you have a family and a real life outside of this website, then come back and post with the knowledge you have gained. Until then SHUT your PIPEY WHINEY MOUTHS.

Dan, I remember when you were a new hire. Stop lecturing "low time" pilots, they have more common sense and integrity than you ever had or will, whatever is in your logbook or theirs.

Working together? Are you high? By creating the whipsaw airline that is driving down tsa wages and qol after years and years of hard work building an airline? Your idea of "teamwork" is fantastic. Tell them at your next interview about it, and how you screwed 700 fellow pilots over, and how every last one of them can't stand the sight of you. I am sure you will get hired.

KingKong2 said:

Nice edit there hoss...

I've had this discussion with you and fuelflow before. You insult me for having low time, for being new to the industry, for being a "pipey little kid" but you pay absolutey no attention to the professional integrity to which I speak. You keep badmouthing ALPA, the TSA MEC, TSA pilots and everybody else while failing to understand you are part of the problem. You are the whipsaw. You could have contributed to the benefit of the entire TSA pilot group, but you chose not to. You got your upgrade and four stripes and to hell with everybody else below you, right?

Your actions directly affect not only me, but everybody currently flying at the regional level and everybody behind me trying to come up. So yes, I do have a problem with that, and it doesn't take 7000+ hours to see a lack of integrity in a person, pilot or otherwise. You saying its "better for the industry" for GJ and TSA to have seperate unions is at its very least self-serving, and at the worst flat-out wrong.

Mommy doesn't pay my bills and I turned down a class date at TSA because, among other reasons, I couldn't afford the 40% pay cut. I have alot of friends at TSA that stand to get screwed by GJ, and since I'm not a part of your little experiment, I'll proudly tell everybody that listens just how bad GJ is for the industry and why they shouldn't consider going there. If you don't want to read my posts, ignore me...but I'm doing more for the "good of the industry" than you ever did, and I'm not going away.

BoilerUP said:
I have alot of friends at TSA that stand to get screwed by GJ, and since I'm not a part of your little experiment, I'll proudly tell everybody that listens just how bad GJ is for the industry and why they shouldn't consider going there. If you don't want to read my posts, ignore me...but I'm doing more for the "good of the industry" than you ever did, and I'm not going away.

Your friends probably have less than 5 years with the company and so were offered two oppertunities to come to GJ with full senority....

redbook said:
Dan, I remember when you were a new hire. Stop lecturing "low time" pilots, they have more common sense and integrity than you ever had or will, whatever is in your logbook or theirs.

redbook..... you keep calling me DAN....for the record my names is not DAN. I never will be DAN. I don't even know who you are and I have never worked for TSA. So stop saying I am someone I am not. KingKong2 has nothing to do with my name. It was the only thing I could think of when signing up for this site. Because I had just downloaded the ATRI King Kong Game and had been playing it.

KingKong2 said:
redbook..... you keep calling me DAN....for the record my names is not DAN. I never will be DAN. I don't even know who you are and I have never worked for TSA. So stop saying I am someone I am not. KingKong2 has nothing to do with my name. It was the only thing I could think of when signing up for this site. Because I had just downloaded the ATRI King Kong Game and had been playing it.

Go back to your video games little girl.

210FR8DOG said:
Hey cockjockey, let me break it down for you. If your ditch digging company is paying you $8 an hour to dig ditches, and the owner starts a second company that is only paying $7 an hour to dig ditches, eventually the new company will get all the new ditch digging business. When you finish your current ditch digging project, you will be out of a job or go to work for less money($7 an hour) for the new company. Now as long as there are plenty of people willing to go to work digging ditches for $7 an hour, the company wins and all the workers lose because the next step is to start a third company and pay $6 an hour. So all the high and mighty $7 an hour workers will now be out of a job or go to work for the third new company at $6 an hour. Are you getting this? I hope I kept it simple enough for you to understand. The point is this, in the end, one of the last companies formed is paying $0 an hour and the mighty $1 an hour worker will either be out of a job or go to work for the newest company making $0 an hour. And that's when it hits ya. If you still don't understand, I'm sure one of the hundreds of other pilots on this site who understand what is going on here will be glad to explain it to you in their own words that maybe you can relate to better.

I agree with this scenario except the GJ pilots will not be paid less than TSA. They will probably be paid a little more. It certainly won't be significant, I mean we are only talking about 16 more seats.

Now lets take your scenario and look at it from another perspective. Don't you think the mainline pilots should be speaking about all of you regional and LCC pilots as you all are speaking about GJers? What should the 8000 or so mainline pilots out of work be thinking when they see an RJ flying a route they once did in a DC9, 727,737,F100 etc. Or the expansion taking place at JB,SWA,AirTran, and the like. Just as you described to me, companies offering a cheaper product due in part to inadaquate pay. And before an SWA type chimes in about being the highest paid 737 pilots in the country, think about why you are. Because you brought everyone else down instead of climbing up and surpassing where they were. It's hard to be proud of that.

To those critical of people who are down on Go-Jet, you really should not
be surprised at their vehemence. It looks like the only way for them to have any kind of impact on Go-Jet is through the spreading of anti Go-Jet rhetoric in hopes they can affect Go-Jets ability to hire people. If their union representatives really felt that there was a case for TSA pilots against Go-Jet I think we would be seeing a whole lot more from ALPA on this subject besides a couple of pilot rallys. It appears Go-Jet is about to take off in a big way and I can't blame these guys for being a little envious that they are not included, but just because someone wants something badly does not mean they have a right to it. That is called negotiations and apparently there was not enough successful negotiations at TSA to include Go-Jet or others like it in flying TSA pilots would do. TSA pilots should learn from your mistakes and make sure to not repeat them in the future.

Classic "turn the argument around" tactic, and that dog don't hunt.

Don't you think the mainline pilots should be speaking about all of you regional and LCC pilots as you all are speaking about GJers?

They do; just go look at the Majors board. Most regional pilots realize they are part of the problem (look at Nimitz's profile). RJs have been used throughout the industry to replace NB equipment. TSA is but one carrier to have benefited from this mainline drawdown...Comair, ASA, Skywest, AWAC, Chautauqua, Mesa, PSA, etc the list goes on and on. Who else is benefitting from this reduction in mainline flying? BLOWJET pilots who are flying 70 seat (or 66, whatever) airplanes. The 70 seat airframe is much closer to mainline sized equipment than the 50 seat is. "But its only 16 more seats" you say...GJ pilots are flying an airplane that seats just as many as a F28 or DC-9-10 for less than half the pay. You are right - all regional pilots are part of the problem. Why GJ pilots make the conscience decision to perpetuate the problem of stealing mainline routes with larger and larger "regional jets" while destroying unity is beyond us all.

Oh wait, we know why they do it - because they can get a fast upgrade and fly bigger airplanes. GJ pilots are getting theirs, at the expense of not only TSA pilots who helped earn the profits used to start Blowjets with their hard work, but the furloughed mainline pilots who their CR7s are replacing.

Making your point with an argument like you did is worthless.

They will probably be paid a little more. It certainly won't be significant, I mean we are only talking about 16 more seats.

We are all waiting with baited breath to see if it is less than what TSA had previously negotiated, and I hope you never work for my airline's negotiating committee with an attitude like that.

theo said:
That is called negotiations and apparently there was not enough successful negotiations at TSA to include Go-Jet or others like it in flying TSA pilots would do. TSA pilots should learn from your mistakes and make sure to not repeat them in the future.

Hard to negotiate with a management team that won't even talk to you. And before you say "oh they made an offer"....one single offer does not a negotiation make. Management has flat out refused to play ball with its own pilots over this issue, which is why the pilots are trying to take things further with picketing

Latest resources

Back