• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trying to understand GOJETS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HK is a shyster bean counter. Pilots cost him money...the fact that without them he could not move airplanes and therefor the airplanes could not generate revenue is immaterial.

I could have sent my resume to the Original gojets (TSA) or GoJets the sequel-either way I felt that would have lowered the bar for the industry...since I was at one cesspool already I couldn't see jumping from one to the other-especially with TSA's history of using the training department and recurrents as an enforcement tool and the startup gojets an uncertain if...

Ya might as well argue about who has the more pure blue lav fluid!

Anything that HK touches will be to his benefit alone...and both pilot groups played right into his hand-the old TSA guys and the youngsters with SJS.

Last edited:
You're going to love reserve but listen enjoy that 172 ok. Try to keep yourself alive and don't feel bad that you didn't get that GOjet interview, maybe next time or after 6 months.

I was furloughed TSA, in large part because of gojet. You ARE a scumbag and you better hope you never need a ride on my airplane.

For the other guy who is considering gojet and thinks this tool has it right, you are just hearing what you want to hear to justify the job to yourself. His recount is very biased and incorrect.

Skum

I think you are a scumbag too.

+1 for the CX skumbag motion.

Because of people like YOU CX, who continue to go to GJ and in a sense tell management, YES people will still work at my dirtbag operation, my friends and I will be on the street by the end of the year while you sit in your mighty CRJ with that stupid little white badge on (turned around and hidden oh-so-carefully behind your tie of course).

GJ is a cancer, an infestation. And they're pilots are scabish a-holes. This is the basic feeling in the industry.

Watch out for your fellow pilots, and they'll watch out for you.

CX880 how in the hell can you make fun of someone flying a 172 at least he can hold his head up around other pilots. You can rationalize all day long but the fact you have to continue to defend your piece of Sh*t company says a lot about the way it was formed. I flew those prop planes you look so down on a lot longer then I had to so I could go to a reputable airline. I refuse to be one of the reasons that this career is being dragged down. I also have a feeling that Lynxman has more respect for himself and this career then to put his resume in at hojets

He just wished I was a pre solo 172 pilot so that way my correct statements about him wouldn't hurt so much. Fact of the matter is if the airlines were hiring besides GJ I could pretty much be there. He is just looking for any reason to justify his actions.

You're going to love reserve but listen enjoy that 172 ok. Try to keep yourself alive and don't feel bad that you didn't get that GOjet interview, maybe next time or after 6 months.
Are you really making fun of someone because of the airplane they fly? How did you do your training? Did you start out in a jet building your time? Flying a jet does not make you a real pilot. You can consider yourself a real pilot when you realize that flying is flying, regardless of the type of airplane you fly.

He started his training on a Monday in a 172 at an ATPish school and by Friday he was a private pilot. On saturday he started his Private Multi. and by thursday he was a private multi pilot. Friday he started his instrument and by the following saturday he was instrument rated. On monday he started flying x-countries in seimoles with a partner. For the next 2 weeks they took turns "putting foggels on" acting as safety pilots building multi hours and time torwards the 250hr comm. min. Once that was done he took his comm multi checkride followed by his comm single. Then he started his "extensive" RJ course this got him prepared for state of the art Regional Jets so that he could be ready for his regional airline interview which was garunteed to him. From there he joined the countless others caught up in the massive hiring wave. Thinking it was his amazing skill that got him to TSA his ego grew. Once furloughed he crossed to GJ and began his new job. In reality this guy/kid has earned nothing. Half of his intial time was "safety pilot" time. He has probably flown 0 to maybe a handful of hours outside of going for his ratings. It's ok though CX thinks he has earned every right to be where he is at. Which is fine he took a road that put him heavily in debt and now he will be sitting comfy in that GJ right seat.

I can't belive this is a pay site now, I'm so glad I got in when this BS was free.

Let all your anger out, it's therapeutic. Yes, me who up until last year didn't even know what Gojet was is causing all of you guys to be out of a job. Yes, because if I didn't take the job and TSA pilots hadn't made that mistake you all would have been flying. YESSS LET YOUR ANGER OUT!!!! It's going to do you a lot of good..... especially when GJ classes are full of experienced people from all sides of aviation. I'm glad FI has turned into a place where people come to vent, keeps guys on reserve entertained as well as wannabees trying to slander something they have no idea about. You know you've won when people resort to namecalling and making up BS stories like our friend Lynxman who's till waiting for that Lynx interview! He's pissed off that he started flying a year too late and he's taking his anger out on me who is a year senioir than him in aviaiton. Can't blame for that dude. Once again if you've got issues, look intoa shrink.

Last edited:
First of all, I understand that they are an alter-ego airline... we don't need to discuss that.

So, I have done some brief research, but I am trying to figure out the gripe with the PAY at gojets. It seems to me that the pay is on par with the rest of the industry. Am I missing something? I am not a 121 guy, so I might be ill informed here. I looked into about 10 different operators and didn't see much discrepancy in pay for the same aircraft... so, why do people gripe that the gojets pay isn't industry standard. As far as I am concerned, the pay at every regional is $h1tty and gojets doesn't seem to break the mold.

Also, I am trying to understand how anyone could survive at a regional like American Eagle as an FO for 7+ years when the pay at AA is so freaking low! This is complete BS! What is it with AMR? They don't even have a flow threw program, so where is the incentive?

preparing for all the flame BS... please refrain, I am only wondering about the pay situation, not all the political stuff. Thanks.
FR8R...I think GoJet's pay is pretty crappy...just like the other regionals. In today's market, if you want to be a pilot...it's a job. I'll say a prayer for you in hopes that you never cross paths with one of these Flight Info tough guys.:laugh:

I don't know what stories I have made up CX, but please do tell. I will continue to wait for that interview at Lynx and the other outfits I have applied to because it's the right thing to do. Please CX give us your honest to god truth on your back ground and maybe you can clean your slate some. How long have you been flying for? I doubt your seinor to me in anything especially not flying. Did you even go to college? How old are you? You see I prolly could have been your captain at GJ had I decided to go to college instead of running to an ATP like school and being done in 90 days. The only thing I'm pissed about is a couple of good friends that lost their job to an operation like the one you work for. What makes it worse is that you use ignorance to justify your actions. Boo hoo I didn't know about GJ a year ago guys please don't be mad at me. So if I didn't know that smokin crack was bad for me and then I found out a year later after I was ********************ed up and then begged forgiveness would you give it to me? In all reality I'm kinda glad there isn't a job for me because it allows me to spend more time with the beautiful girl in the avatar. Don't be jealous that the best women your in contact with are sub par flight attendants that have to talk to you because its your job. Seriously get laid my friend use your damn pilot uniform if you have to dont worry no one will care.

Latest resources

Back