• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

True Story, no joke....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know this isn't an isolated incident involving McDonalds. Colleges offer scholarships to people for being nothing more than a minority or a women studying in a certain field. Its also ok to say on television or in public that a white person is a "cracker" while its a mortal sin to say "niger." And its also ok to hire minorities over whites no matter what the reasoning. In fact many people would say that that is noble.

I personally went through a similar incident with Continental Express. I went to an interview there last spring. At that interview where 9 people. 4 had more than 1000 hours and 4 had less, I had almost exactly 1000 hours. 3 of the people with less hours then me where minorities. The other had more multi-engine time then single time and was an A&P. All 4 with more hours then me where white male and sent away. All 4 with less hours then me where hired. Now I make no excuses about my interview, I was horrible. But I can't see how the 4 more qualified applicants above me where all turned away. I have concluded that they must have needed the minority pilots.

Oh by the way, I know I'm going to be called racist for my opinions. It doesn't bother me any more. I'm not racist, those who think that anyone of any color or ethnicity should be held back for the betterment of another race or ethnicity are the racists. I just ask for EQUAL treatment. Nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, Hitler held back jews for the betterment of the white race, Affirmitave action holds back whites for the betterment of minorities.

I heard through some corporate channels that Oprah fired her 2 white Gulfstream pilots and hired 2 black pilots. Lawsuits have been filed!

Any truth to this?

Furloughed Gal......

I do not follow your logic.

I was specifically asked if I knew of any FURLOUGHED MINORITIES that were in my situation. So this would prove that they were ready to hire a furloughed minority. Otherwise, why would they ask me this??

Here is your quote:

Hey UAL:

"It's not just you!! I troll all the job boards looking for employment. I DID send something to McDonald's -- saw it at Monster.com, as did another furloughed airline pilot who lives in Chicago (McDonald's HQs). Neither of us received a call.

See where I am going with this?? It wasn't because you were male (or that we are female) it is the fact that we are fuloughed!! "

Once again, I believe being furloughed had nothing to do with it. If I met their "criteria", I may have been given an interview, who knows. I'm not bitter at all, I will go back to UAL eventually, wouldn't give up my seniority even if they offered me the job. It just sickens me that this kind of stuff still happens. And trust me, McDonald's aren't the only ones doing this.

Ronald McDonald - Pilot Recruiter

This tale is one of the richest hiring stories I've heard in a while. What nerve!! I always looked for jobs with my hat in my hand. I was grateful for every interview given me, in three different businesses. Looking for work is hard. Getting job interviews is hard. Getting a job is hard, no matter how well qualified you are for the job. You don't do such inconsiderate things to people looking for work. Either this "recruiter" was a typical H.R. conehead or just plain stupid. To me, H.R., conehead, and stupid are synonymous.

I don't remember the last time I ate at McDonald's. Now, I definitely will not.

Last edited:
Re: That's a load of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

Dep676 said:
"GREAT GRANDS SINS" Hey thats just plan living in the past to think that way. What's done is done we can't change the past. All we can do is learn from it and not repeat it.

Yes, but maybe it wouldn't be such if every honky tonk Cracker south of the Mason-Dixon line wasn't still fighting the Civil War. When all the Rebel flag waving stops then maybe the other side will follow.

As for Micky-D's apparent affirmative action hiring policy, I prefer Wendy's anyhow.

Courts are beginning to take notice of reverse discrimination and lawsuits are working their way to the Supreme Court as we speak. This garbage won't go on forever, unless we allow it.

I ask for equal representation for everyone, neither minority discrimination nor majority discrimination.

This has never, every been a desire for equal rights. It has been, and will continue to be, a desire for unequal rights.

From the corporate standpoint, this is being driven by FEAR. That large soda maker, Harpo Productions, and Mac Donald's all have a fear of minority litigation. On the other hand, they have little fear of litigation from anyone else. White male pilots have little or no experience thinking of themselves as powerless victims. There are no self-styled "white leaders" making speeches to large groups of constituents who see the government as a place to receive benefit.

A growing number of minorities have rejected this "victim status", and many are likely fine pilots. They deserve jobs, too. They know they deserve them because of ability, not because they calm the fears of an HR department head.

This will continue until the good people stand up and reject this practice, and start shouting down the Al Sharptons and Louie Farrakahns (sp).

Last edited:
Ifly4food

Hey it's there right to wave that flag if they choose too. But is it ok for people to hold a million man march in the US capital. I don't agree with any discrimination either. We all should be looked at for our qualifications not color or anything else.

I'll second that timebuilder we need to get rid of these loud mouth idiots like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Louie. If a white man was doing that he would be called a racist.

Latest resources

Back