• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

True Story, no joke....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Woohoo I didn't get trashed! That has to be a first...by the way its not soda...its pop ;) I have to stir up some kind of contraversy. Oh by they way folks, prop trash was just trying to be funny, lighten up and take a joke for once.

Dep676 said:
Hey it's there right to wave that flag if they choose too. But is it ok for people to hold a million man march in the US capital.

I don't often come to the defense of civil rights activists, but the Million Man March was not to shake fists at Whitey. It was an expression of "atonement and reconciliation", and a call to blacks to better themselves and their environs through self control and self respect. For those interested in the mood of the march, here is a link to my buddy Farrakhan's
Million Man March Pledge.

IFF, having spent a third of a century down South, I can tell you that the flag wavers don't much like being told what to do (see: American History--Civil War--States Rights). When NAACP, et al, start telling folks where and when they can hang their Stars and Bars, it doesn't go over too well. It's not about the flag, though. The issue is a metaphor for racial tension as a whole. I can also tell you that if there were an effort on BOTH sides of the race issue to work together for the greater good of the entire community, then we could all get along. By the way, I say "both" sides because these tensions don't exist between whites and Hispanics, Muslims, Asians, etc.

Inicidents like the pilot hiring stories listed above are what keep the white folk from trusting and embracing the black folk down here. They want to see a LEVEL playing field. When perfectly qualified white pilots are being turned down for flying jobs because they are not a shade of brown, that is not a LEVEL field. Is it a taste of our own medicine? Sure. Is it right? Hell no.

Others will argue that the practice is an effort to level the field. In other words, things have to be unfair for a little while until blacks are properly represented, then they'll stop. But you can't have it both ways. Wrong is wrong.

Oh, and KSUaviator...it's not pop, it's Coke. For example:

--Hey Bubba, you wanna Coke?

--Yup

--What kind?

--Sprite.

Last edited:
Thats all fine and dandy to want to better your self. But don't blame it on "whitey" or someone else. Look in the mirror first. I am a reserve deputy with my local county. Just look at the prison system. It's not my fault that they are in there. I didn't tell them to sell crack or commit other crimes to get them sent to the big house. Don't cry on my shoulder about it. Do something about like stay in school and better yourself. We all have the same opportunity do go to school and get an education.

Re: Ifly4food

Dep676 said:
Hey it's there right to wave that flag if they choose too. But is it ok for people to hold a million man march in the US capital. I don't agree with any discrimination either. We all should be looked at for our qualifications not color or anything else.

I'll second that timebuilder we need to get rid of these loud mouth idiots like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Louie. If a white man was doing that he would be called a racist.

Originally posted by FL000
IFF, having spent a third of a century down South, I can tell you that the flag wavers don't much like being told what to do (see: American History--Civil War--States Rights). When NAACP, et al, start telling folks where and when they can hang their Stars and Bars, it doesn't go over too well. It's not about the flag, though. The issue is a metaphor for racial tension as a whole. I can also tell you that if there were an effort on BOTH sides of the race issue to work together for the greater good of the entire community, then we could all get along. By the way, I say "both" sides because these tensions don't exist between whites and Hispanics, Muslims,Asians, etc.

The comment about the "Rebel Flag wavers" was indeed a metaphor. I was trying to show that there are extremists on both sides. I support neither. We really can be our own worst enemy when we play the "race card"; regardless of what side you're on.
Point: for it to stop, both sides need to stop... not just the NAACP and not just the (insert pro white group here).

As a side note to Timebuilder, Harpo Productions is owned by Oprah. It is actually "Oprah" spelled backwards. I seriously doubt if they're afraid of "minority litigation" except that which they file.

I think it is time for someone to define the term "minority". I have heard this term over and over again in terms of political correctness and I am tired of it. All of this tap dancing around has got to stop. Who in fact is a minority or what is a minority? American Indians who got the royal shaft or what. I am also tired of these terms for division. People who are qualified for a job should be considered, period. I nor anyone else who participates on this board is old enough to be responsible for things done in the past and i for one am tired of all of this so called correctness being shoved down my throat. As for the turn around in court decisions, look to Atlanta. The city has now lost millions because they chose to hire for skin color and that being black over white.
Its time to get over all this nonsense.
My two cents.

Wildbill,

You are correct about discrimination against whites in Atlanta. I am gladly forking over county tax dollars to pay off the $25 million civil award to the three Fulton County librarians who were demoted because they were white. It's a great start to show that (reverse) discrimination is just plain wrong.

MARTA is battling more than one similar suit, and I think Hartsfield is the next battleground with all of the shady contracts awarded over there. There is a series in the AJC which started today that is going to further expose the minority blockade of fair contract bidding at Hartsfield. One example reported is that the "godmother of one of [former mayor Maynard] Jackson's children is the minority partner on a contract that hasn't been rebid since 1981."

Now we are getting $360 million worth of DIRT for the 5th runway from a minority contractor, THE ONLY BIDDER. City Council voted down the deal recently, but arbitrator decided Thursday to reverse the vote and give the ridiculously high bid back to the contractor. Bend over, Atlanta!

Link to AJC series on preferrential bidding at ATL

Last edited:
boycott it I bet they wouldn't care.

Macdonalds has been around long enough to where I doubt they need any of your business anyway, so go ahead and boycott it, I bet they wouldn't care.

KSU_Aviator you are a female so you don't need to be talking. And you wonder why you didn't get hired at coex, look how much of a numbskull you are.

ifly4food I'm surprised that you haven't locked this post out already. It definitely shows where you stand.

If you let it continue then we can see who all is racist and who all isn't.

ScRaMjEt.

When observations are made and feelings are expressed openly the big "R" word comes out. Scramjet, you need to get out your dictionary and look up the word. You will find that none of the posters here fit the description. What everyone here has requested is "fairness" to everyone on their skills and abilities. Nothing more nothing less. If you are looking for sympathy, you have come to the wrong place. All of us have kicked, scrimped, and suffered many setbacks in our careers to get where we are. Some of those now even unemployed. All they ask for is a "level" playing field to get back up on. They don't cry and claim they were mistreated and they sure don't blame history for the results of a slack economy. As to a boycott of McDonalds, they will get theirs in the end. We are all bigger than that, but we can talk can't we? As to Ifly4food, I appreciate his allowing us to vent a situation that needs to be aired. It has nothing to do with that "R" word you have thrown out there. If you don't know what the problem is how can you overcome it.

Maybe someone should send in a resume for "DeMetrius Williams" or "Shaniqua Brown" and see what the results are.

Latest resources

Back