Trs855

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

westwind driver

If you were the Captain or F.O. on Airtran's Monday, June 27th, flight 855 service from MSP to ATL, or if you possibly know who the pilots may have been or how to forward this information to them, please do so.

The Citrus flight taxied out Monday morning from the gate at around 10:00am central time. In the process the captain darted out in front of our westwind without giving way. We were taxing from his right to his left, perpendicular and had the complete right-of-way. We were subsequently cut-off as airtran taxied past us from left to right and on to the runway.

There are more details and unprofessional over-the-radio remarks from Airtran 855, but I don't see the need in sharing this information with this forum board.

I would like to discuss the entire incident with the captain. He gave his name and hometown but who has pen/paper handy to write down such things? I write notes on TOLD cards and didn't have enought space to write his name etc. Besides it was busy/congested on the ground and radio and I had more important things to do.

If anyone has a phone number for either the chief pilot, asst. chief pilot, safety training pilot(s) or whoever would be able to speak about this matter, please PM me with that info, or post it here.

Thank you.

Newjetjockey said:
Why don't you go cry to the FAA?

Why would I do that? Airtran was unprofessional, as is your attitude. Your screen-name is an indication of your attitude. Just an educated guess, but I'd say you're pretty errogant, Mr. Jet Jock you are.

The real issue is not about who was in the right, but about the lack of professionalism on the part of the Citrus pilot who made the "quit your bitching, we got our clearance to taxi" comment over the radio.

There was a safety concern there as well. Maybe if he is willing to dart out in front of other aircraft actively taxiing, then he may be an unprofessional "JetJock" such as yourself, in which case IMHO he should seek employment in a career field without safety concerns and priorities.

mwmav8r01 said:
I had a problem with a TRS guy the other day out of tampa. Oh well, we all have bad days. Right?

Very true. But I have never chewed anyone out over the radio with a cock-strong F/U attitude. "Quit your bitching, we got our clearance to taxi." is HIGHLY unprofessional, and the incident as a whole raises safety related concerns with me.

He could have at least apologized after it happened and I wouldn't be discussing the issue here.

westwind driver said:
The real issue is not about who was in the right, but about the lack of professionalism on the part of the Citrus pilot who made the "quit your bitching, we got our clearance to taxi" comment over the radio.

You don't know how to pursue this? How long have you been a Captain... Captain?

So... basically your feelings got hurt..... and your answer to this is for you to go on a public bulletin board, give only enough details to incriminate, and then look for others to offer moral support and do the legwork in your witch hunt..... a witch hunt that you elected not to bother to pursue YOURSELF on June 27 at KMSP.... WHEN IT HAPPENED.

Since you elected to drop the whole issue on June 27th at MSP, and yet pursue it publically here....... I'm inclined to just let YOU do your own legwork..... Captain.

BTW - Your incident involved a B-717... so I'm obviously not the person(s) you're looking for..... in case you're wondering..... but hey... good luck..... sounds like you have a long hard career ahead.

Last edited:
I looked it up... and the Capt. on 855 was a check airman and quite possibly the most gregarious and easy going pilot here at airtransam.

If this guy gave you shiot on the radio, then you must have really focked up.

I don't know you or what happened, but I do know this guy, and if I get a vote- it's with him.

Hate to think about what would've happened if it was me!!

Maybe its just me but I don't remember ever reading an FAR about right of way when taxing. I thought you were supposed to do what ground cleared you to do. If his comment which was so inapropriate was that he had a clearance, it sounds to me like he had the right of way. It has been a long time since I have read the FARs so if there is one that states that the plane to your left or right has right of way please let me know. Maybe you should tell us what your "professional" comment was when he "darted" out in front of you.

As for my screen name, it was the first thing that came to mind. Sorry if it makes me sound like such an "errogant" a$$ like you claim. Maybe I will change it so you will like me better. Jeez. By the way, learn to spell.

Westwind,

Dunno what happened, but if you get all wound up everytime something doesn't go exactly right in the aviation world you are headed straight for a corinary at a young age.

Mistakes and miscues happen when you are moving metal around the sky (or ground), When a miscue happens, you adapt and modify to make it work.....that is why there is a judgment box on the checkride form.

Relax a little bit, you will enjoy this career much more.

Latest resources

Back