• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trouble at Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are none of you "men" concerned about the execution of that poor kitty. His blood is on all of your hands.

That is exactly the point....

"...Its just not fare to compare airline A that does not pay for all those things against Airline B that does..."

It is absolutely fair to compare airline A to B. None of those details about how a company turns a profit really matters...all that matters is that they did profit (or lose).

I'll tell you what, if you want to asterisk the jB profits because of all the sweetheart deals...fine... let's asterisk other airlines profits who either aren't spending tons of money on training new hires (all the legacies, cause there ain't no newhires), or aren't paying tons of money to fly/feed/hotel pilot applicants (SWA, AT, FDX, etc..not to include jB) or dont' house/transport pilots while in initial training (no one except jB), or who don't buy each pilot laptops (no one except jB), or who don't ........(fill in the blank).

I'm not meaning to be a wise acre here. Just want to show that there are many things jB (or others, for that matter) could cut out to boost profits.

All those things don't matter....just whether or not a company gained or lost...

JB Bus Drvr said:
SMMustang,

I too have holdings in my company and I'm confident in my investment. It's also my retirement.

Whoa, I hope it works out. There have been hundreds if not thousands of pilots that worked at a company and thought that their stock in that company would be their retirement. The landscape is literally laced with the dashed dreams. Like I said at first I hope it works out, but if it doesn't, my advice from over 30 years in this biz is to DIVERSIFY...DIVERSIFY...DIVERSIFY.

Why have all your eggs in one basket? The weasels can eat a hole in that basket before you know it.

Good luck!

Last edited:
PastFastMover said:
Whoa, I hope it works out. There have been hundreds if not thousands of pilots that worked at a company and thought that their stock in that company would be their retirement. The landscape is literally laced with the dashed dreams. Like I said at first I hope it works out, but if it doesn't, my advice from over 30 years in this biz is to DIVERSIFY...DIVERSIFY...DIVERSIFY.

Why have all your eggs in one basket? The weasels can eat a hole in that basket before you know it.

Good luck!

I'm only down $30k on airline stocks... :mad: TC

JB Bus Drvr said:
SMMustang,

I too have holdings in my company and I'm confident in my investment. It's also my retirement. If you've lost confidence in the stock, liquidate. I bet there's enough investors out there who won't have any problem buying your shares. As I recall, there's always a disclaimer attached to every stock offering I've ever read. Be patient. Other than that, life is pretty good here.

The funny thing is, is that I'd have a harder time finding an invester now than I would've during the summer of 03 when I bought it.

You've missed my point through all the sarcasm. JB is not in as good a shape as the koolaid drinkers on this board pretend it is. I will keep the stock as a hedge on my legacy job, however, JB is not all that and then some as some people on this board would have you believe. I discuss my JB stock quite a bit with other folks (it is the only single stock I own---less than 3% of my total investment, so I know I'm not as in deep as JB personel) and the one thing I know aobut your company is that there are rougher times ahead and still some growing pains. Planes will get old, unions will try to infiltrate, people will be disenchanted with thier contracts (especially if the stock does stop it's nose dive). At some point the growth will go up against the likes of SWA. That will be a brutal bloody fight between those two, and if both plan on their continued growth, they will bump into each other.

You know, there ARE other stocks out there. Why don't you try some IBM or GE and hold on to them? Why does your backup have to be in the airline industry?

Also, I don't understand how we as pilots can sit around and bitch all day long about poor management but when one airline's management team does something brilliant (fuel hedges at SW) some people don't want to give them credit for it. The fact is SW used its CASH and business acumen to purchase fuel at prices that allowed it to turn a profit despite record low fares. Now that is smart management.

FJ

Falconjet said:
You know, there ARE other stocks out there. Why don't you try some IBM or GE and hold on to them?

Especially GE. I know this company well, and it will be $39-$42 by year end, and grow 10-15% a year. Like SWA, their management is top-notch.

Falconjet said:
You know, there ARE other stocks out there. Why don't you try some IBM or GE and hold on to them? Why does your backup have to be in the airline industry?

Also, I don't understand how we as pilots can sit around and bitch all day long about poor management but when one airline's management team does something brilliant (fuel hedges at SW) some people don't want to give them credit for it. The fact is SW used its CASH and business acumen to purchase fuel at prices that allowed it to turn a profit despite record low fares. Now that is smart management.

FJ

I got plenty of $ in mutuals, but I'm not worried about IBM or GE putting my company out of business. JBLU is the only sole stock I own...and it isn't enough of an investment to spend that much worry over. I'm am only pointing out that JBLU is not the nirvana that the koolaid drinkers believe it is.

WOXOF said:
Keep in mind that we are replying to a post by someone with the screen name of: Mickey Slapnutz.
Nuff said.

Perhaps I should change my sceen name. Hows about Dingles McSausage or Dween Picklejuice? Plus I'll change my avatar to a cute little picture of a basket of puppy's.

Latest resources

Back