Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management, a danger to us all....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You understand that that is short term work right? A welding gig so to speak. Soon as those wells dry up the job ends. Certainly not a career.
and your point is? that a college educated pilot has more job security?

As far a raising the bar, I am happy with my local bar and their $1.00 drafts, why would I want to raise their price? Life is good.:laugh:

Well you already have NJA beat...many NJA pilots can never go out for that beer because of our 12 hour rule and because the overnights are most often 10 hrs.

Bent
My buddy is a welder for the Ironworkers. He's been to Russia, Alaska and a bunch of interesting places. He retired at age 50 and can now pick his jobs. Bechtel called him to go to Fukishima, but he declined. 85.00/hour plus housing, per diem and travel.Its about his QOL. He passed his test in NY and doesn't have to do a 6 month physical or a checkride anymore.
And Bent, they started phasing out rivets in the 1940's.

TM is essentially a job for young pilots building time. With a down economy the pilots unfortunately get stuck there until the hiring kicks in again.

14 ON is too much for a typical family to handle for any long term employment. This type of job leads to divorce in many cases.

TM is as safe as any other corporate jet operator.

The hiring is getting good again. I hope you guys find great flying jobs in the coming months and years. Now is your time to get hired!

It's all ball bearings nowadays.
As if was on 8-17-43 when Eaker sent the B-17's to Schweinfurt in order destroy the Ball Bearing Industry in Germany. We all know how well that worked out.

Last edited:
I doubt seriously if TM has a fatigue policy..but if you don't fly on a duty day, you don't get paid there....so onward they fly.

Read the link on nbaa and fatigue I posted. 15 day is dangerous, period!

Totally inaccurate! You get paid for every day you're on duty, flying or not. And if you wanted to fatigue, you can say so and go into rest.

Latest resources

Back