Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management, a danger to us all....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to defend TMC.... but that is actually industry standard in 121 world, if you give notice you turn in your id and company stuff immediately.

Didn't happen at my former 121 gig a few years ago. You had to give 2 weeks notice to get your vacation pay.

Not to defend TMC.... but that is actually industry standard in 121 world, if you give notice you turn in your id and company stuff immediately.
Not at our place, we fly you to your last day, need the two weeks to get vacation pay. But we are also, or used to be pretty generous, like a guy gets a call from Atlas to fill a class slot next week (this is years ago), we wished him well and let him go.

Geting fired after giving two weeks notice is pretty standard at smaller 135 companies, they tend to take things more personally than at 121 carriers.

When will this industry get some self worth? 200 pilots over there willing to work for peanuts. 15 days on? Perhaps your of some third world descent, willing to enslave yourselves. These guys are flying EJM and Netjets trips, are they flying FLOPs and FLEX trips too? Accident waiting to happen and the NBAA agrees with me.

Openly carrying maint envy discrepancies, because if you don't fly you don't get paid? FWIWI you don't get paid if your dead either.

http://www.nbaa.org/ops/safety/human-factors/fatigue/

Tell me where a 15 day schedule fits into the above.

One deadly accident is all it takes to destroy years of our industry building a reputation for safety above all else.

If ever there was a need for a union, Travel Management blazes the trail.

An 8/6 schedule also doesn?t meet those guidelines. I worked that one and I hated it more than the 15/13. I was a lot more ready to work after day 13 than after day 6. All of this assumes you are working 14 on 10 off every day. That didn't usually happen when I was there. You might do that for 6 to 8 days in a row, and there are many examples of guys and girls working every one of their 15 days, but if you cried uncle you usually got a break. The best thing that could happen for the entire industry would be if the FAA got off their @ss and finally instituted 36 hours of rest after 7 days.

I left a few years ago, but at the time, the fatigue policy was that if you called fatigued, dispatch would put you in rest immediately. Then you would have to fill out an ASAP report and answer to the mis-Director of Safety, Chief Pilot, D.O. or all 3 at once depending on how badly the schedule got f*cked up. So there is an intimidation factor to minimize fatigue calls. You did still get paid. One crew was sent home more recently without pay for not answering the phone while in rest, but when a lawyer got involved, they got paid.

TMC is a sh!t place to work by design. They feel that keeping wages low with heavy turnover is preferable to having experienced crews that cost more. Apparently the training contract with FSI is cheaper than the difference between year 1 and year 5 pay? I don?t know. Also, heavy turnover means no union which is the big goal. Personally, I would love to see the TMC peeps organize and now is the best time for ?Pete to shut the whole thing down? because the job market has not been this good since TMC started. I have no idea how they keep filling new hire classes, but I do know the fabled ?stack of resumes? is no more. I can also say that there are many worse places to work. TMC just happens to be the biggest and maybe the least bad, of the bottom feeders.

union cards went out today the pilots have taken about all the shtt from the ekm idiots they are willing to take. the pilot group as a whole are an excellent group while ironically the management group wouldn't qualify for much more than a subway or ice cream store manager per their resume

union cards went out today the pilots have taken about all the shtt from the ekm idiots they are willing to take. the pilot group as a whole are an excellent group while ironically the management group wouldn't qualify for much more than a subway or ice cream store manager per their resume

Yep-pilots are "excellent"while management are a bunch of idiot Spicoli's. Lolololol......

Latest resources

Back