Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management, a danger to us all....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My question wasn't about the actual number of trips TMC can cover but the types. The 400XPs can't cover much so is it mainly the 800XPs covering trips for the 800XP, Excel and smaller fleets?

Lack of a college degree.
a college degree has nothing to do with days off, well except if you have one you might have a lot of days off because you cannot find a job with a degree in gender studies.

I thought this thread was about the safety implications of a 15 day rotation?

a college degree has nothing to do with days off, well except if you have one you might have a lot of days off because you cannot find a job with a degree in gender studies.

Better companies typically give you more days off.... Or at least better schedules.

Do we really need to have another discussion about how you typically qualify for the better companies? You're not that naive are you?

Better companies typically give you more days off.... Or at least better schedules.

Do we really need to have another discussion about how you typically qualify for the better companies? You're not that naive are you?

Hey I didn't start this, Am I supposed to just standby when taking a shot across the bow?

Lack of a college degree.

According the WSJ, 48% of the recent college graduates are working in jobs that do not require a college degree, like serving coffee at Starbucks, however skilled welders coming of a community college are starting a $100K. But they are not college grads so they will never amount to anything like a coffee server at Starbucks.

Hey I didn't start this, Am I supposed to just standby when taking a shot across the bow?

According the WSJ, 48% of the recent college graduates are working in jobs that do not require a college degree, like serving coffee at Starbucks, however skilled welders coming of a community college are starting a $100K. But they are not college grads so they will never amount to anything like a coffee server at Starbucks.

Hence the pilots lined up at lower tier jobs. You're starting to get it, yip.

Hence the pilots lined up at lower tier jobs. You're starting to get it, yip.
nope don't get it, are pilots like welders making 100K, or like college grads at Starbucks making 15K?

I think you pulled that $100k number out of your a$$.

I think you pulled that $100k number out of your a$$.
nope WJS, see below

In American high schools, it is becoming increasingly hard to defend the vanishing of shop class from the curriculum. The trend began in the 1970s, when it became conventional wisdom that a four-year college degree was essential. As Forbes magazine reported in 2012, 90% of shop classes have been eliminated for the Los Angeles unified school district's 660,000 students. Yet a 2012 Bureau of Labor Statistics study shows that 48% of all college graduates are working in jobs that don't require a four-year degree.

Too many young people have four-year liberal-arts degrees, are thousands of dollars in debt and find themselves serving coffee at Staarbucks. A good trade to consider: welding. I recently visited Pioneer Pipe in the Utica and Marcellus shale area of Ohio and learned that last year the company paid 60 of its welders more than $150,000 and two of its welders over $200,000. The owner, Dave Archer, said he has had to turn down orders because he can't find enough skilled welders.

link to entire article
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303663604579501801872226532

As stated before if a college degree does not lead to a high poaying job, it is waste of money

Latest resources

Back