Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management, a danger to us all....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ghostrider64

When will this industry get some self worth? 200 pilots over there willing to work for peanuts. 15 days on? Perhaps your of some third world descent, willing to enslave yourselves. These guys are flying EJM and Netjets trips, are they flying FLOPs and FLEX trips too? Accident waiting to happen and the NBAA agrees with me.

Openly carrying maint envy discrepancies, because if you don't fly you don't get paid? FWIWI you don't get paid if your dead either.

http://www.nbaa.org/ops/safety/human-factors/fatigue/

Tell me where a 15 day schedule fits into the above.

One deadly accident is all it takes to destroy years of our industry building a reputation for safety above all else.

If ever there was a need for a union, Travel Management blazes the trail.

No commentary on TMC...but what do you base your opinion of the 15-day schedule on? If you use your fatigue policy when necessary, there's nothing unsafe about it. No fatigue policy? Then all bets are off

No commentary on TMC...but what do you base your opinion of the 15-day schedule on? If you use your fatigue policy when necessary, there's nothing unsafe about it. No fatigue policy? Then all bets are off

It is well recognized in among industry fatigue researchers that pilots are the own worst judge of their fatigue state, followed closely by pilots judging their flying partner's fatigue state. Only counting on pilots to call fatigued when they are with no other FRMS rules in place is a recipe for disaster.

15 Day On-Schedule is not FAR 117 compliant. The typical response is "we are 91/91K/135 so what?" Arguably, the 91/91K/135 flying can be more fatiguing than 121 so applying that minimum standard should be done as part of a company's FRMS program.

Last week the Flight Safety Foundation jointly with the NBAA released the Duty/Rest Guidelines for Business Aviation based on a vast work of research.

http://flightsafety.org/current-safety-initiatives/duty-rest-guidelines

The document is authored by lead researcher Leigh White who is an expert in aviation fatigue. The 15 Day On schedule is not compliant with those guidelines either. It will be interesting to see how TMC gets around that. My bet is they will treat them as "we don't need to follow guidelines".

I doubt seriously if TM has a fatigue policy..but if you don't fly on a duty day, you don't get paid there....so onward they fly.

Read the link on nbaa and fatigue I posted. 15 day is dangerous, period!

How can you make an exact statement like that?

In the nearly ten years I've been here I've never heard their names of being an approved Flexjet charter company. Put me at 99.9% but I'm pretty sure they aren't. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. So be it.

Latest resources

Back