• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LDA 6 at ROA

PAIM Indian Mountain Alaska

Indian Mountain NDB. When the approach plate reads:

Missed approach improbable due to rising terrain.

You know you have to be on your best game

Isn't it flat as a pancake out at Roswell, try Juneau, AK., that will get your attention. :eek:

Juneau is definately interesting, but so is descending 7000' in about eight miles at 320 kts while intercepting a DME arc on a checkride...

Vector4fun said:
Juneau is definately interesting, but so is descending 7000' in about eight miles at 320 kts while intercepting a DME arc on a checkride...
Oh, man, that has a pucker factor!!!:puke:

KSAN LOC 27 has an interesting visual as you fly by the downtown buildings and buzz the parking garage under short final...how did they ever get permission to build that thing there?

DCA River Visual is fun.

East arrivals into BFL usually get to do a space-shuttle descent after clearing the Sierra foothills.

skiandsurf said:
The one I dont like to be a passenger on, is going into SNA ( Santa Ana). I am afraid that the student pilot will overshoot his base leg. Then once that is not a problem, you scrape the cars on the 405 then slam down and hit the brakes. Flying it is one thing, but sitting in the back scares me.

I have this lingering fear that the next big revision to US airspace regs is going to be caused by a GA / 121 midair in SOCAL. My personal high-score is three seperate RAs on a Sunday afternoon departure from BUR. It is an f-ing zoo out there...

The VOR 13L at KJFK (aka "The Canarsie Approach")
Throw in the Circle to the perpindicular runway and you've got fun on a platter. FSI used to give us that one, single engine, night, reduced vis in the Shorts sim...

Eric

Latest resources

Back