• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Top Ten Reasons You Should Never Come To Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9 of 10 is wrong. They do pay for hotel.

I believe this is an example of:

"damning with faint praise"

-or-

"a backhanded compliment"

----------------------------------------------

(Mesa recently changed the "pay for your own hotel, fool" policy as an enticement to those dumb or desperate enough to take a job there)

Do I get to wear my backpack, spike my hair, wear my oakleys and listen to my iPod in the terminal? Kewl sign me Up! SJS All The Way!

Bailey

"
I just hope they sand my piece of ply-wood so i don't get splinters when i sleep on it at night!!!! "

Deam Hillarious !!! same as with current Position and the cat avatar is killing me I cant stop Laughing :)

TOP 10 REASONS NEVER TO COME TO MESA

• SELF RESPECT
-Every regional is hiring at this very moment. Not mention you are doing yourself
and your fellow pilots a disservice by working at Mesa. Why would anyone
settle for substandard working conditions and pay.

• ONE OF THE WORST CONTRACTS IN THE INDUSTRY
-only 8 days off/bid
-first and second year FO pay is the lowest in the regionals
-no cancellation pay
-no duty/trip rigs
-management continually violates the contract
-5th year CA pay is $61/hr for the CRJ-200
-Skywest 64, AWAC 68, PSA 68,

• SOME OF THE LONGEST UPGRADE TIMES IN THE INDUSTRY
-CRJ BNA-2001, CLT 2001, PHX 2000, ORD 2003, IAD 2004
-ERJ ATL 2004, IAD 2004, MCO 2004

• NO QUALITY OF LIFE
-Constant Junior Manning due to lack of crews and poor planning by management
-1900 domiciles continually open and close every couple of months resulting in constant displacements and extra costs to employees because of breaking rental contracts. Many of the 1900 bases are not commutable
-Many pilots only get 4-6 days at home each bid even if they live in domicile
-Many pilots can’t pay the bills because they receive no cx pay especially in ORD

• THE HIGHEST LATERAL ATTRITION IN THE INDUSTRY
-Mesa has lost nearly 600 pilots through September, most are FO leaving to go to other regionals. While you may think this will allow you to upgrade faster, you would be absolutely wrong! Mesa is holding back upgrades for months and delaying upgrades altogether.
-Mesa will have over 250 out of 1600 pilots time out in Nov/Dec because of all the Junior Manning.
-Pilots are fedup and ready to burn this place to the ground

• MESA’S FINANCIAL HEALTH IS IN SERIOUS DECLINE
-Mesa’s stock price is at a 52 week low and going lower putting them in position for a hostile takeover
-GO! is absolutely sucking the company dry…over $122 million lost in the past year
-Hawaiian has brough an $177 million lawsuit against Mesa that will result in GO! going out of business and possibly a significant fine in the 10s of millions

• HOME TO THE MOST CORRUPT CEO IN AMERICA
-Need I say more…JO has been convicted of SEC violations and continually takes pleasure in destroying pilot morale

• YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN A TRAINING CONTRACT
-after 6 months when you realize this the worst place to work in the U.S and you’re ready to take all that great jet time with you to another regional they come after you for thousands of dollars and attempt to ruin your credit.

• YOU MUST PAY FOR YOUR HOTEL DURING TRAINING
-That’s right…you pay for your hotel! You can forget about making money for 2 months because you’ll be paying for meals and hotels.

• MESA IS GRADUALLY MOVING FLYING TO CHINA
-The first CRJ has already arrived and JO has already stated that one day in the near future he could see Mesa as exclusively an international company.

Your a Effin idiot. you obviously dont work for mesa. The last upgraded capt was JFK:hired July 2005 and 17 more just started ground school.

Hotel is paid for in training....

you a ****************************** if you think all flying is going to China...

why dont you just take a seat and stop reading old info

Latest resources

Back