• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's Wallstreet Journal, page B3...Union Strong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just curious why the Wall Street Journal. I can't figure out which WSJ readers would help us fight management.

Really?

This has to be spelled out for you?

It isn't about getting anyone "on our side". It's about publicly embarrassing JH, and WB too. It's one of the ways we put pressure on them. Shine a little light on their shenanigans.

Whether our clients sympathize or not is irrelevant. I'm sure JH, and possibly WB, don't want their tactics put on display to the public. It's all about ego. WB likes to be portrayed as a Dilly Bar-eating kindly old man who is upset that his secretary pays more in taxes than he does. I'll bet my next year's salary that he doesn't want his true colors to be flown high on the flagpole of public opinion (that of a mega-wealthy individual who wants to squeeze ever more money out of his hard working middle class employees).

And the most effective union busters work behind the scenes in the shadows. Almost nothing is more effective at heading off a lot of the union busting stupidity than shining a light on it for all to see.

Considering most of our clients are probably management types who hate unions I doubt this add will swing them to side with us. They really don't care. This add is simply meant to embarrass our management and expose JH's tactics to the public. A PR problem for them both.

And why the WSJ? Well, why not? It's pretty widely read. I'll bet there's a better chance the executives at Bombardier read the WSJ before the NYT or USAToday. I wonder if they're interested in knowing that JH is willing to screw them over in his quest to bust the union.

This also builds pressure by allowing our competition to point out to potential customers that Netjets has labor problems. This can be a threat to sales, shareholders, etc. Come on G4 quit playing into the hands of a management who would gladly undercut your salary, position, and career in order to put cash in their own pockets with no remorse towards how this affects you or your family.

Really?

This has to be spelled out for you?

It isn't about getting anyone "on our side". It's about publicly embarrassing JH, and WB too. It's one of the ways we put pressure on them. Shine a little light on their shenanigans.

Whether our clients sympathize or not is irrelevant. I'm sure JH, and possibly WB, don't want their tactics put on display to the public. It's all about ego. WB likes to be portrayed as a Dilly Bar-eating kindly old man who is upset that his secretary pays more in taxes than he does. I'll bet my next year's salary that he doesn't want his true colors to be flown high on the flagpole of public opinion (that of a mega-wealthy individual who wants to squeeze ever more money out of his hard working middle class employees).

And the most effective union busters work behind the scenes in the shadows. Almost nothing is more effective at heading off a lot of the union busting stupidity than shining a light on it for all to see.

Considering most of our clients are probably management types who hate unions I doubt this add will swing them to side with us. They really don't care. This add is simply meant to embarrass our management and expose JH's tactics to the public. A PR problem for them both.

And why the WSJ? Well, why not? It's pretty widely read. I'll bet there's a better chance the executives at Bombardier read the WSJ before the NYT or USAToday. I wonder if they're interested in knowing that JH is willing to screw them over in his quest to bust the union.

THIS

I have repeatedly said that causing Uncle Warren embarrassment is the ONLY way things will change. Realityman is RIGHT ON with this post.

Ad nauseum is right. I never go on the ASAP board. it is juvenile and combative, and is not anonymous.

Then, once again, you are mistaken.

There is plenty of good DISCUSSION on the NJASAP boards.

People have disagreements on opinions. It happens, whether on the NJASAP boards, here, or in person. Most people on the NJASAP boards disagree and discuss in a civil manner. There are only a handful of pilots there who take it over the line.

And best of all, the NJASAP boards have this thing called an "ignore" feature which allows you to selectively filter out those you find truly disagreeable. It's easy and can add a lot of good continuity to a discussion where one or two individuals may be getting out of hand.

As for it not being anonymous, so what? I don't know you, but if you can't/won't speak your mind on our closed union board just because it's not anonymous, then I don't have any confidence that you're going to stand with your fellow pilots in the fight we're presently engaged in.

Finally, the answers to the questions you ask are easily available on our union boards. To expect a more open exchange of info about what's going on with the union and our fight to be discussed on FI is, uh, fairly naive.

By the way, you absolutely don't have to make a single post on the union boards if you don't want to. If there's something you want to know, all you have to do is read. And you can make your presence "invisible" to others so no one knows you're on the boards. You can also PM someone if you have specific questions. In addition, there is an "Ask A Steward" section where you can ask questions and there is no debate or discussion allowed, only answers from stewards.

What's really laughable though is your statement above calling the union boards "juvenile and combative", while spending your time HERE where *cough* everyone discusses things in a mature and friendly fashion *cough*.

Sack up and go the union boards if you have any 'must know' questions. Sheesh! Can't believe this has to be explained to you.

Whatever it was, its a small price to pay considering what the cost is in terms of the compensation to the pilot group.

North of $100K for the half page ad. Hope NJASAP leadership achieved the expected outcome.

What say you all on this statement from the IBT....

http://www.sys-con.com/node/3219423

Capt. David Bourne said:
"NetJets' customers are some of the largest corporations and wealthiest people on the planet," said Capt. David Bourne, Director of the Teamsters Airline Division. "We think the public will be very interested in what is happening at NetJets when we start to attach names and faces to some of the customers that stand to receive a subsidy for luxury travel at the expense of middle class Americans."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back