• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's Wallstreet Journal, page B3...Union Strong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
North of $100K for the half page ad. Hope NJASAP leadership achieved the expected outcome.

What say you all on this statement from the IBT....

http://www.sys-con.com/node/3219423

Regarding your first statement, I think they did.

Have you heard about the new town hall meetings JH has just started at recurrent? He's coming in and reiterating that his "four pillars" are non-negotiable.

That's a clear sign we're getting to them. A lot of his tactics ar starting to smack of desperation.

We're definitely rattling his cage. That was the intention of the ad, and it appears to have worked.

Regarding the cost, no idea. But I think it was worth whatever we paid.

In regards to the Teamsters press release, no idea what to think yet, except to say I'm glad they're finally showinga spark of life.

Although I think it is past time for the Teamsters who represent the FA's mechanics, and others at NetJets to make some waves, it's a touchy area calling out the CUSTOMERS for statements made by the COMPANY.

I don't believe the bulk of our clients worry about the COST of our service. They worry about the VALUE of our service. And the VALUE of NetJets service has been degraded by the short-sighted, penny wise-pound foolish policies the current EMT has been pursuing.

It's the COMPANY trying to make it an issue about COST in order to leverage their concessionary contract proposals. The customers are actually being caught in the middle here. We need to be careful on how we present our case so that the bulk of the customers realize it is the COMPANY that is destroying on-time performance, service quality, mantenance reliability, employee morale, and the NetJets brand.

It will take public relations and marketing expertise far beyond my abilities to walk that fine line. But it is something NJASAP and the Teamsters MUST do.

Regarding your first statement, I think they did.

Have you heard about the new town hall meetings JH has just started at recurrent? He's coming in and reiterating that his "four pillars" are non-negotiable.

That's a clear sign we're getting to them. A lot of his tactics ar starting to smack of desperation.

We're definitely rattling his cage. That was the intention of the ad, and it appears to have worked.

Regarding the cost, no idea. But I think it was worth whatever we paid.

In regards to the Teamsters press release, no idea what to think yet, except to say I'm glad they're finally showinga spark of life.

I think that the JH still has a lot of tools left in his tool chest so I don't think desperation is in play yet. He is realizing that he is losing/lost the public relations campaign and trying to get a foothold with his silly Town Halls. No one listens to either the message or the messenger. I could not care less about his 4 pillars - it means nothing to me other than it is his line in the sand (until it gets too painful and he has to move it).

He lost the PR battle when (1) he and DS stole wages/benefits/working conditions from the non-bargaining group employees and (2) he alienated the moderates of the pilot group with his embarrassing concessionary offer that no one even considered a starting point. The Company unified the pilot group for free - thanks for that!

As has been pointed out by others and something I have maintained for a long time, the path to success for the pilots is through WB.

It is up to NJASAP and the IBT to not screw the current landscape up by pushing people back to the company side. There are concerns by moderates about the IBT communication having that effect.

North of $100K for the half page ad. Hope NJASAP leadership achieved the expected outcome.

How much did it cost the company for me to repo a fellow pilot home to avoid the after midnight then repo to another location for the pax? And they want me to take a cut so WB can look even more benevolent?

How much did it cost the company for me to repo a fellow pilot home to avoid the after midnight then repo to another location for the pax? And they want me to take a cut so WB can look even more benevolent?

Most of us have done that or something similar and no one justifies it. That point wins the argument they can afford the CBA and more. That point does not win the argument on the question of bang for the buck in dues spending on a WSJ ad and the path forward when more aggressive ads are needed and savings remaining in reserve.

I'm just curious why the Wall Street Journal. I can't figure out which WSJ readers would help us fight management.

The last contract fight had quite a few of our owners (whom I assume are at least casual readers of the WSJ) that were instrumental in applied pressure. Stick around for this go around and you might just see it in action again!

I am not a Netjets Pilot. But my opinion is it was a great move. That ad should run every week. To bad the FLOPS pilots and now FX pilots don't show the same solidarity. you guys will be just fine..See ya on the road

The last contract fight had quite a few of our owners (whom I assume are at least casual readers of the WSJ) that were instrumental in applied pressure. Stick around for this go around and you might just see it in action again!

If you are right, then the ad was a good idea. Hmmm.

Latest resources

Back