Today's Update from NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Attitude

But I do not think everyone flying is content with this outcome. We have had about 8-10 flights in the last 2 months and I would charactierze that most of the pilots fall into 2 groups:

2/3 are friendlier than ever and at some point during the flight whole heartedly give us a "thank you for flying us in these times" and "we really appreciate your flying with us because being a pilot can be rough ..."

the other 1/3 just have a "pissed" attitude, not quite surly, but I can't think of the right word, and just keep it bottled up and don't say a word. This is diffrent when during the contract negotiations there was a group of pilots who were actively trying to tell us something they did not like.

Years ago I was told that in a "good compromise" no one is totally happy. It means everyone gave in.

Fly safe, and thanks.

But I do not think everyone flying is content with this outcome. We have had about 8-10 flights in the last 2 months and I would charactierze that most of the pilots fall into 2 groups:

2/3 are friendlier than ever and at some point during the flight whole heartedly give us a "thank you for flying us in these times" and "we really appreciate your flying with us because being a pilot can be rough ..."

the other 1/3 just have a "pissed" attitude, not quite surly, but I can't think of the right word, and just keep it bottled up and don't say a word. This is diffrent when during the contract negotiations there was a group of pilots who were actively trying to tell us something they did not like.

Years ago I was told that in a "good compromise" no one is totally happy. It means everyone gave in.

Fly safe, and thanks.

Funny that you bring this up. Recently, I have started to hand the lead passenger my business card at the end of the flight. I tell them that if they noticed anything that I could improve upon, to please let me know anytime even if it's in an email two weeks from now. EVERY owner has taken that request really well. I tell them that I appreciate any feedback and I thank them whole heartedly for giving me such a great place to work. Without them, none of us would have a great job like this right now. That's when I hear comments like yours about other recent flights... NOT GOOD!

FWIW NJAowner, I have recently taken myself out of the soupbowl when it comes to our private union message board. Unfortunately, the 1/3 you speak of all seemed to have found their way in. I'm not saying that I didn't make waves over the years, but the hatred and anger these last two months have created have forced many, like myself, to log out and stay away.

As an owner here, I thank you for your business and loyalty. I can only hope that the rest of the owners we have here right now are able to look the other way if they run across bozos like that. Although, it would have made things a lot easier had we simply gotten rid of those bad apples. Then we wouldn't have had to go through this in the first place. ;)

G200 -- you are obvoiusly in the 2/3 I spoke of. And in reflection I was a little harsh -- I would say it is more 75-25 or even 80-20. It is just the extra effort is very, very noticeable and I think will make things better for all.

Thanks.

G200 -- you are obvoiusly in the 2/3 I spoke of. And in reflection I was a little harsh -- I would say it is more 75-25 or even 80-20. It is just the extra effort is very, very noticeable and I think will make things better for all.

Thanks.

I'm hoping that 25% was part of the group that was on the tip of the spear so to speak and were simply feeling the stress of an uncertain future. Clearly though it is critical now more than ever to provide a superior service that is difficult for our owners to step away from.....

The internal message board is back to normal. Not sure if that's because of G200's departure or because several hundred of our guys just got a big relief, but it's a happy place again. :D

take a look at the >15 year class 4 pay scale again.....

Say what?

I think we had a total of 1 BBJ pilot who took the early out. I only mention the BBJ pilot because he would be the only one who would be even close to grossing $200K.

A captain who has been here over 15 years, AND who is on the 18-day schedule may get within $25K of $200K, but would still require significant O/T (which we haven't been getting much of for a while now) to make it past that mark. Not sure how you came up with the money figure.

When we say a bunch of "senior" guys took the early out, I think we mean "senior" as it refers to chronological age, not time with the company in this case.

I know a number of the early out guys, and while they've been with the company significantly less time than I have (I've been here over 12 years), they are fairly senior in age. But I assure you they couldn't have been making anywhere near $200K, even on the 18-day sched.

Not saying it isn't a good deal for them though. If they were thinking of retiring anyway, being able to go out with this package was one heck of a good deal for them! And it saved jobs!! A win for everyone.

The internal message board is back to normal. Not sure if that's because of G200's departure or because several hundred of our guys just got a big relief, but it's a happy place again. :D

Bro, I know you're just being a smartass but as far as the boards being a happy place again, that's the first lie I've read from you... Ever. That's a bit depressing. I get emails on a daily basis from folks I don't even know following my "lead" so to speak. Just today I got a message saying that it is worse than ever.

The boards are a joke right now and you and I both know it.

As far as passing the 25% off to just a temporary issue is a bit BS too man.

Bro, I know you're just being a smartass but as far as the boards being a happy place again, that's the first lie I've read from you... Ever. That's a bit depressing.

Of course I was being a smartass (about it being related to your departure), but I don't see nearly the negativity that I did a week ago. Do what you like; doesn't matter to me. I'm just telling you what I'm seeing, and calling me a liar doesn't change it.

Bro, I know you're just being a smartass but as far as the boards being a happy place again, that's the first lie I've read from you... Ever. That's a bit depressing. I get emails on a daily basis from folks I don't even know following my "lead" so to speak. Just today I got a message saying that it is worse than ever.

The boards are a joke right now and you and I both know it.

As far as passing the 25% off to just a temporary issue is a bit BS too man.

Seriously, you take the bbs way to serious. Go have a drink and stop living your days on what you read and say on the fking message board. My God, just log off for a few weeks and relax. It is not such a big deal.
It gets ugly every 18 months or so. Why does this come as a shock?

Latest resources

Back