• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's Update from NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We at NetJets really haven't been WHO has elected the early-outs and I'm not sure they're planning on it. I'm well aware of the attrition list, however, I think the folks that made the ultimate sacrifice deserve more than just a blanket "Thanks a lot." I couldn't even begin to imagine how hard it must have been to make that decision to hang it up. To be willing to walk away from what's now being called the number one job to have in the industry to save someone else's job is very humbling and admirable. I just don't think a "thanks" can cover it.

We at NetJets really haven't been WHO has elected the early-outs and I'm not sure they're planning on it. I'm well aware of the attrition list, however, I think the folks that made the ultimate sacrifice deserve more than just a blanket "Thanks a lot." I couldn't even begin to imagine how hard it must have been to make that decision to hang it up. To be willing to walk away from what's now being called the number one job to have in the industry to save someone else's job is very humbling and admirable. I just don't think a "thanks" can cover it.

It was a pretty good package deal for some of those senior guys that took the early outs, some were grossing over 200k, they're walking away with 3 years pay which will net them about the same as what they were taking home once they get into the lower tax bracket, so they're taking home nearly the same and not working for the next three years, lot of fishing can be done it that time!

It was a pretty good package deal for some of those senior guys that took the early outs, some were grossing over 200k, they're walking away with 3 years pay which will net them about the same as what they were taking home once they get into the lower tax bracket, so they're taking home nearly the same and not working for the next three years, lot of fishing can be done it that time!

Say what?

I think we had a total of 1 BBJ pilot who took the early out. I only mention the BBJ pilot because he would be the only one who would be even close to grossing $200K.

A captain who has been here over 15 years, AND who is on the 18-day schedule may get within $25K of $200K, but would still require significant O/T (which we haven't been getting much of for a while now) to make it past that mark. Not sure how you came up with the money figure.

When we say a bunch of "senior" guys took the early out, I think we mean "senior" as it refers to chronological age, not time with the company in this case.

I know a number of the early out guys, and while they've been with the company significantly less time than I have (I've been here over 12 years), they are fairly senior in age. But I assure you they couldn't have been making anywhere near $200K, even on the 18-day sched.

Not saying it isn't a good deal for them though. If they were thinking of retiring anyway, being able to go out with this package was one heck of a good deal for them! And it saved jobs!! A win for everyone.

You can partially thank us NJI'ers... Percentage wise we gave 3X's more.

But I thought we were dropping this whole NJA/I thing.... :cool:

Trust me, that fact has not gone un-noticed... I'm proud of how pilots from the GIV/GV fleets (notice I didn't say NJI) stepped up to the plate!

We're all family now. There is no I/A/LA -- only NetJets (or NJ which is so much easier to type!)

Who's ready for a group hug????!!! ;)

A captain who has been here over 15 years, AND who is on the 18-day schedule may get within $25K of $200K, but would still require significant O/T...

Top of the scale on the 18-day would be $187K. Check Airman or NRFO would be another $17K or $14K, respectively. That'd put a long-timer over $200K as well.

I'm not sure if the union had to push for the VM, or if credit goes to RTS for coming up with it, but it sure worked out great for the employees, and RTS showed class in the video, unlike some CEOs running companies today.

Regardless I would say RTS couldn't have done a better job with this situation. He was a real cheerleader towards the end, and IMHO saved my job.

Say what?

I think we had a total of 1 BBJ pilot who took the early out. I only mention the BBJ pilot because he would be the only one who would be even close to grossing $200K.

A captain who has been here over 15 years, AND who is on the 18-day schedule may get within $25K of $200K, but would still require significant O/T (which we haven't been getting much of for a while now) to make it past that mark. Not sure how you came up with the money figure.

When we say a bunch of "senior" guys took the early out, I think we mean "senior" as it refers to chronological age, not time with the company in this case.

I know a number of the early out guys, and while they've been with the company significantly less time than I have (I've been here over 12 years), they are fairly senior in age. But I assure you they couldn't have been making anywhere near $200K, even on the 18-day sched.

Not saying it isn't a good deal for them though. If they were thinking of retiring anyway, being able to go out with this package was one heck of a good deal for them! And it saved jobs!! A win for everyone.

I was referring to the 50+ NJI pilots that took the early out, they were not paid under our CBA scale, and the talk was those Gwizz guys were making quite a bit of money.

Very impresive! I think Netjets and its pilots have really shown the industry what quality teamwork can accomplish!

Cheers to you all!

Latest resources

Back