• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's Update from NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJI came into existance; as a way to usurp the union and have non-union pilots flying the Gulfstreams.

This issue has been pounded to the ground to many times to rehash once again... But you are completely wrong about how and why NJI was formed.

Without being a dick, I suggest you research the topic.

harley,

I do not believe furloughs would or would not hasten the final integration notice. My guess is that if furloughs occur, in order for them to make economic sense to the company, recalls would not occur until after Nov 2010, at which time the final integration will be served (or the effect will be the same).

You will note that in my first sentence where I talk about management's behavior I began with "I think." I would consider that an admission of speculation. You will also note throughout the remainder of the paragraph that explain some of my basis for that speculation.

Yes, the scope interpretations were from legal counsel. Scope language is meant to address not only imminent dangers but far-fetched hypotheticals. Good scope clauses cover all the bases. Frankly, I'm always less concerned by what current management will do, and instead think what the worst management in the industry might do. RTS and his team are in power now, but may not always be. I have no idea who may later replace them or what their behavior may be. I think our scope clause should protect us either way.

Yes, hypotheticals could go on all day, but eliminating one fleet of aircraft has already been done at NJ several times (S-II, BAe-125-1000, C-VII). It's far more realistic than frogs with wings. I did not argue that the Union is all benefit. I suggested that the scope protections (and displacement language) will protect NJI pilots in an area where they were previously at risk. Doesn't mean they'll like everything. I can't answer as to the specific beliefs of NJI pilots about Union v. non-Union. Maybe they would feel differently if they started on our side of the fence.

Considering that we protected your seniority (by DOH), guaranteed your seat/fleet, protected your pay, protected your base, etc., and considering that we believed the scope loophole could actually eliminate our jobs completely, you are right, I may not fully appreciate your view of NJASAP as a comparable risk to your jobs.

When I was talking about US fractional flying, clearly I was answering your questions about NJ-spin offs, and nothing further. Obviously, NJ will always have competitors, some may be Union others non-Union, but our bylaws are set up as a single craft and class (NJ pilots) so they will not be NJASAP members.

I don't view these as arguments about "whose right." I see them as discussions. I'm trying to answer your questions about the CBA, LOA and our history, not convince you of an opinion, that I'm somehow "right." I don't know whether NJI pilots will like having a Union on property or not -- there will be Union on property. I do know that most NJA/NJLA pilots like the Union on property.

Whether or not you continue to visit this site is up to you. I will be here to answer your questions as you present them. You might be interested to know that I seldom (if ever) discuss my personal opinions about what I think is fair to NJA or NJI pilots or how this would all go down if I were king. I don't believe those opinions are relevant, because we have a negotiated agreement that will be implemented. I answer questions from that perspective, not my personally-held beliefs.

Last edited:
This issue has been pounded to the ground to many times to rehash once again... But you are completely wrong about how and why NJI was formed.

Without being a dick, I suggest you research the topic.

In my tenure at NJA, I've heard various rationale from the folks who were around at the time and from management. Sometimes their stories are similar, sometimes not. I'm not inclined to believe one over another as I think they are all somewhat revisionist -- and frankly, it doesn't matter. I look forward.

It might all be moot now........

In uncertain times...like these...scope and a binding CBA are harbors in a storm. I'm glad to have that peace of mind when things get iffy. Best wishes to all the NJ folks! NJW

Best wishes to all the NJ folks! NJW

After all these years of slinging mud at you and just really getting pissed off when I see your posts... I meet your husband.

What a nice guy, and a solid character! He is really a gentleman. A little on the quite side... Hmmm, I wonder why :erm:.

Wolf, maybe I should have been bragging on my husband more...;) He has told pilots who post here, initially with your reaction, that they have more in common with my views then they realize. When pilots learn how much work my husband does for the pilotgroups and the Company, (with family support) my strong feelings on issues makes more sense and it's less surprising to them that I follow frac events so closely.

My husband is often quiet, you say? Not at home...:D Kidding aside, he tells me he is quiet when he's gathering info and hearing all sides of a debate. He's not the only one, I read every word you guys write....quietly...:p before responding.

At home, we share our observations w/each other and pass on greetings from pilots we talk to/post with. Accordingly, I'll pass on your compliment, Wolf. I'm glad the two of your were able to meet. Regards, NJW

Yeah buddy. I said something similar last week. It's all good.

Check pm's

Latest resources

Back