• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's Update from NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:beer: for ALL (pilots and non-pilots) who took any and all deals (LOAs/early-outs/reduced schedules/opted-in) from NJA/NJI/NJLA. You all have raised the bar in regarding teamwork with this industry. Not to mention jobs saved, families are happy and a lot of people can rest easier now.

Keep up the hard work!!!

Happy Father's Day to those that wear that badge.

To ALL the pessimistic types (you know who you are) that said NetJets couldn't do it need to pat them on their backs since you rode those same back into your wallet. Remember NJ is the tip of the spear and it showed in the 2007 contract that your companies matched in pay (not benefits, schedule, uniform allowance, and other good stuff) now maybe you'll get some jobs back too. The standard has been set yet again, so go get your company to raise their bar and get back jobs for your guys/gals.

Good luck to those out here outta work. You may work for other companies, but you all are still fellow brothers/sisters who fly.

Guys, Gals, Brothers, Sisters,

A door has been opened once again thrusting NJA into the annals of history, a door which leads us into a new world of strengthened cooperation between pilot group and management, two groups traditionally fighting with another have told all the naysayers we will not stoop to snap decisions, poor business tactics, and have preserved our -wide companies' name, level of respect, and NetJet wide pride in our family. NJA pilots, NJI pilots, and most importantly all the non pilot workforce dug deep, and here we stand, no furloughs, no layoffs, leaner to continue our battle againt this econmic storm.
I am proud we all put aside our differences, no matter how petty they are, and got the job done. I am proud to be NetJets, and will be until I hang up the spurs some time from now.
The dawn brought sunny skies, but now the hard job is upon us. We need to keep the faith going and not falter one iota, to preserve every single family member of NetJets until we have navigated out of this Nor'easter.

Keep the good fight on, my brothers and sisters!

Congrats to all of you over there. Here's to things getting better for all of us in the Fractional/Charter/Corporate business.

Have you noticed there has been nary a word from our "friend" on ANY applicable threads? I guess F&H stopped the paychecks.....

I'm not sure if the union had to push for the VM, or if credit goes to RTS for coming up with it, but it sure worked out great for the employees, and RTS showed class in the video, unlike some CEOs running companies today.

Last edited:
From what I understand, the union went to mngmnt several months back but managment wasn't really too interested then..either way atleast the job got done and we can keep the status quo until things turn around

I'm not sure if the union had to push for the VM, or if credit goes to RTS for coming up with it, but it sure worked out great for the employees, and RTS showed class in the video, unlike some CEOs running companies today.

the union went to senior management as early as december and pointed out the good relationship between the two groups offered an opportunity to take proactive measures that would enable the company to withstand an economic downturn while minimizing the impact to individual employees. It wasn't until february that it became clear to NJA this was necessary.

i believe there were two main reasons for success. the relentless approach of the Union to take aggressive steps early to avoid draconian steps later and the desire of the company to remain strong in the publics perception. I believe it was pointed out to them that furloughs are the result of lazy management that can't think outside the box. They produce short term savings - but the long-term costs are incalculable, particularly when you consider how the group that is furloughed will perform their duties when they return. If NJA truly considered itself unique and apart from other fractionals, here was the perfect opportunity to demonstrate it.

regardless of the measures taken by the union or the company, it is clear this had no chance of success if the employees of every NJA division both union and non-union stepped up. The fact they did so is a tremendous achievement.

Latest resources

Back