• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tipping the Van driver....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I don't make over 100K per year so I'll be keeping my hard earned cash and spending it on my soon to be newborns college fund.

Van driver be dammed. Family comes first.

For what its worth-the IRS allows 3$ per day this year for tips. Just log it in your redbook.

turbodriver said:
Well, I don't make over 100K per year so I'll be keeping my hard earned cash and spending it on my soon to be newborns college fund.

Van driver be dammed. Family comes first.

I don't even know where to start with this. It's a lousy buck. It's covered in your per diem. It's tax deductible. If flight attendents can afford to do it, you can, too.

You want the respect and wages of an airline pilot, but you can't even comply with leaving a lousy buck for the van driver? And then you will probably bitch about the people getting on your plane having "no class".

If you can't cough up a buck, Chuck, find another job. You're making us all look bad.

The van driver makes more than me. If I have a buck I'll give it to them, but if not....well no sweat of my sack.

Ty Webb said:
I don't even know where to start with this. It's a lousy buck. It's covered in your per diem. It's tax deductible. If flight attendents can afford to do it, you can, too.

You want the respect and wages of an airline pilot, but you can't even comply with leaving a lousy buck for the van driver? And then you will probably bitch about the people getting on your plane having "no class".

If you can't cough up a buck, Chuck, find another job. You're making us all look bad.

Kiss my a$$. It's not a lousy "buck" add it up for the year and see how much cash you're thowing away. And those F/A's you talk about? Most of the granny F/A's working here probably have rich husbands who send them to work here so they could get the travel bennies. Now, you sit there and tell me that the hot 21 year old that you flew with all last month gave away a buck on every day of every trip. It's always the grannies isn't it? Thought so. What's the point to all this anyway?? Just to get the respect of some guy working at the hotel who already makes more than I do? When you make my money then you get to tell me how to spend it. I'm not worried about class. I don't work for southwest flying trailer trash. I'll say again. Family comes first. Contract noegiations start next year. Our wage scale isn't going to be dependent on whether I give the van driver hundreds if not a thousand or so per year.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back