• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Time to bail!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avantair, Alpha Flying, XO Jet, Flight Options.

All better alternatives (IMO) than making a lateral move to the bottom of another regional airline's seniority list.

hold it right here champ!!....... flight options is like working for MESA on the fractinal side, so take this one off your list.
Come to the Fracs, Flex Jet, CS, NJ, Avantair
I dont think none requieres ATP or PIC turbine.
It may long before you get an interview, but at the end, it will be worth it

I guarantee that jack@ss is gonna be the only one who comes out of this deal smelling like a rose.

It's really too bad that there isn't some legal maneuver that can be used to hold this scumbag accountable for what he did.

I'm still just amazed that the BoD at Mesa is willing to let JO keep steering that ship toward the rocks.

Hopefully the first thing that happens to that dirtbag is he gets replaced with a court appointed bankruptcy trustee who promptly throws his ass down the well.

hold it right here champ!!....... flight options is like working for MESA on the fractinal side, so take this one off your list.
Come to the Fracs, Flex Jet, CS, NJ, Avantair
I dont think none requieres ATP or PIC turbine.
It may long before you get an interview, but at the end, it will be worth it

FLOPS might be like Mesa at the frax, but its a way for the original poster to get a type rating and his ATP without having to pay for it himself...and as bad as FLOPS is, its still better than Mesa!

CS & NJA both require ATP, I don't know about Flex.

If you have to start again at a regional (I hope you don't), I would take Compass over Republic right now. Compass is risky because of the potential flowback from NWA in a merger but the reward is bigger than Republic. Quicker upgrade, get typed in training, and the flow through to NWA if you choose. Not the best choice for everyone by any means but something to think about before making a rash decision.

McNugent,
Where did you take that pic, and who dared you to do it?
Best regards,

Me

Funny story actually.

I was just walking down the street one day and happened to come across a Skywest Job Fair. The recruiters had this guy standing outside handing out free candy to anyone that was willing to come in and interview to be a Skywest Pilot.

Last edited:
it would probably be SKW

The vast majority of Mesa's PHX flying is US Airways....since SKW doesn't do US Airways, I'm guessing that it will be Republic, since most of the PHX US Airways flying seems to be 70-90 seaters. Now the Dash flying is another question.

n757st said:
My guess is skywest would take the United flying, and thus would be over extended as it is.

United barely has a presence in PHX and I don't think that they operate any United Express flights out of PHX at all.

How about this: Mesa is sold in a fire sale to ExpressJet, XJT breaks into the 70-90 seat market(which they desperately need to do), picks up a bunch of additional flying and everyone lives happily ever after.

Any Mesa pilot who wants a job at ASA....please PM with your email....I will personally walk your resume into recruiting.....

We need pilots with experience and you guys need a better company.....

:beer:

Hear, Hear!! Joe and I stand together on this issue! I also will help any Mesa pilot that needs a job.

In fact, I hope to submit a resolution at the next Local meeting advocating preferential interviews and hiring for Mesa pilots. I believe our MEC Vice Chairman was a former Mesa pilot.

Your will be welcomed at ASA!

SKYW is circling PHX and LAS like a bird of prey waiting on the sale of Mesa's assets. They have the money and they have a great business relationship with US Airways. In addition they want to add a long term deal with a 4th partner for 700/900 flying. Jerry even said US Airways and SKYW have a great business relationship. My prediction is SKYW gets all of Mesa's UAL stuff with an extended long term UAL deal and a 10 year deal with US Airways for PHX and LAS. Just a thought, they have the checkbook to do it, nobody else does.

SKYW is circling PHX and LAS like a bird of prey waiting on the sale of Mesa's assets. They have the money and they have a great business relationship with US Airways. In addition they want to add a long term deal with a 4th partner for 700/900 flying. Jerry even said US Airways and SKYW have a great business relationship. My prediction is SKYW gets all of Mesa's UAL stuff with an extended long term UAL deal and a 10 year deal with US Airways for PHX and LAS. Just a thought, they have the checkbook to do it, nobody else does.
Nice to know I'm not the only one thinking this is a somewhat likely and viable scenario.

Latest resources

Back