Tierd of it all? I am....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excellent post Front Office.
27 years in the industry. Good luck bailing out of this mega cluster fark of an industry!
I can only imagine what it will be like when I am in it 27 years (20 years from now).
I can see it now. Flight attendants between the ages of 18-35 will be excluded from hiring. There will be a return of weigh-ins..to ensure obesity status.
No white males will be allowed to fly..You must meet affirmative action status. The FAA will still be making decisions, solely political.
I'll be able to afford that 14 ft flat bottom and 10 horse Merc to ply the bayous and creeks back home setting up trotlines ( to eat, since there will be no retirement ). *sarcasm mixed with reality*
I have often thought at some point of punching out early in years to come ( in my 40's and hitting the south pacific, opening a tiki bar and growing my hair out, living life day by day)
Good luck to you. Nice sailboat. Have fun, you've earned it!

Front Office, best of luck, man! Wish I could join you but the wife and mortgage say no. Still, sounds awesome, only hope I've got the ability, and funds to do that someday-- "Fair winds and following seas"

Nice boat. I was thinking of living on a 46' and renting out my condo.

Front office, please don't forget us here! We want coordinates, updated photos of your vessel on the high seas, in "that one particular harbor" perhaps somewhere in polynesia or hanging out with the pretty senioritas or island girl somewhere. You only go through this rodeo once, so ya might as well enjoy. I've still got to get my kids grown first. I love your "Captain Ron" outlook (ever see that movie)? Best wishes dude. I envy you!

matchthehatch said:
Am I the only one who plans on smoking a big fatty on my 60th birthday? Just one and just because I can.
.... :D

Captain Willard said:
"Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation - nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir."

Man, sounds like somebody needs a hug....

Well thanks for all the kind words.

Sold one of my cars today, I am going to keep the truck until departure time. I am sure I will need it to haul stuff to the boat. The house goes on the market next week, I will live in the crashpad until it's time to depart. Going to stockpile some cash for a while.

You know it's funny, I sit here and look around my house, the pictures, artwork, tables, tv's, stereo's, all of this fancy this and that, you know what, none of it means sh#t.

I think I am going to write a book, I just need a name for it. How cool, I can write about all the crap I have been through. I bet you will be able to relate. Eight airlines, furlughs, mergers, the fun times, the sh#tty times, the decision to say f#ck it, hummmmm, I think I am on to something.

How cool, I can let you guy's know where I am and if you want you can do a leg or two with us. You will recognize me, I will be unshaven, nice tan, wearing a Hawiian shirt, sunglasses and have a stupid drinking hat on. Oh, and will you make me another drink while you are down there.

Want to get away? (thanks SWA)

The best part of taking off from JFK, EWR, LGA or BOS is when tower says, "Contact Departure". I just have to laugh, but thats just me.

Hey front office, the book is a great idea, I'd buy it, and I'd join you for a leg or two for sure.

The book can be called:

Tired of it all? I am....

Contact departure!

Finally, wearing my stupid drinking hat!

Last edited:
Flechas said:
Hey front office, the book is a great idea, I'd buy it, and I'd join you for a leg or two for sure.

The book can be called:

Tierd of it all? I am....

Contact departure!

Finally, wearing my stupid drinking hat!

Might want to spell check it before it goes to print...:D

Latest resources

Back