• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tierd of it all? I am....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"...all of those naked Brazilian honies covered with oil..." (appologies to J.B. :D ) TC

dueguard1 said:
All this dissatisfaction,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Wow, and just think there's some 20 year old CFI, SWEATIN a hole through his docker khakis in some po-dunk 172 gettin paid minimum wage from some scum bag operator at some Non-towered airport in Dirtbag, Florida , pleading with Key Bank for his fourth of Fifth loan forebearance, takin crap from his live in girlfreind whose tired of supporting his ass wondering when he's gonna start making the big bucks and stop living off of Ramaen noodles and move out of the current dump their in and have a kid!! All this while some student pilot gives him sh#!t on a daily basis just because they can't perform a proper steep turn+/- 100 feet, walking into the FBO to hear another CFI spreading more bulls!%t than a Drunken Sailor to the tune of

"Yea Man, I heard Comair is really hiring at 6 and 1"! or my personal favorite
"Yea Man, You jus get gotta some more Multi-time"!

Oh yea and lest we forget the occasional career fair he's gonna blow 5 or 600 hundred bucks to travel to so some Regional recruiter could say something along the lines of-
" Yea, we're really looking for 250 Multi at this time, But Thanks for coming"!

Funny.... guess what though? You still have time to cut your losses and get out of this business. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

I may join ya, if you want to pay for the gas in my Scarab (2000 38') or we could tow it?

I'm guessing you'll have a GPS on board. Get a Sat phone linked up to it and set it up to auto position report once a day to some tech geek on this board. Somebody could set up drunk-tracker, not unlike flight tracker. Then we can all live vicariously through you. This will help facilitate crew changes and alcohol up-loads. Someone here could volunteer to be drunkspatch and ensure a steady stream of debaucherous first mates.

Bump.

Normally I hate bumping, but this thread deserves life. We'll probably never hear from this guy again. If so, that's a good sign, as he is reefing his sails somewhere near the great barrier reef, rather than hanging out in an airport lounge.

I also wanted to bump because I had a bit of an epiphany. I spent the last week diving on Bonaire. For those who have been there, you'll know that Bonaire is an armpit of a desert (cactus/dusty/dry) island that has some of the most spectacular diving in the Caribbean. All week long we SCUBA'd hard, pushing our computers into the amber for Nitrogen load. It was awesome.

At the end of the week, I woke up into the 24 hour "no dive before fly" period, and reality came crashing down on me. I was about to return to our real life, one of hectic schedules, big stupid expensive house, remodeling, taxation, terrorists, TSA, etc. Depression set in. We met a dude from NYC who was shore diving and talked with him. He had a distinct "non-tourist" look to him. "Do you live here?" "Yeah, I chucked it all 4 years ago. I'll never leave this island again. I've never been happier."

Here's this guy who, like our sailing bro, abandoned the material chase, and lived very modestly. The native people on Bonaire didn't seem miserable. One more clue that "stuff" will never make you happy, and that living simply has huge benefits.

Obviously, you need enough $$ to get you going, but it is less than many think.

Very, very tempting. :erm:

Latest resources

Back