• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tierd of it all? I am....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have 12 more years to go (hopefully sooner if things go right) until I head west, literally into the sunset. Can't wait!

Boris Yelling said:
It sure would be nice if you would take some of that weirdo Airtran crowd with you, mainly Ty Webb and the other names he posts under like Best Pilot and Fletch 717. I know this board would thank you. I sure would.

You mean how you like to post under boring yellin/texas croch rot/chuck yogurt/lawman/einstein/sky fly, and numerous others all of which have been banned? Hey websitemaster, ban this punk, he's been nothing but trouble, plus his flight attendant doesn't afford him the $10.00 new admission fee!

Ty Webb said:
I am looking forward to doing the same, but I've got a ways to go yet.

I did get lucky and bought a beach house on a little barrier island on the Gulf of Mexico, and that's where I spend much of my non-working time. It's basically a fishing village, with no stop lights, one grocery store, and some colorful locals.

The only bummer is renting it out to tourists during the summer, but it helps pay the bills, and the rest of the year it's ours to enjoy.

Would that happen to be SGI?

Front Office said:
Oh yea, all you need to pack is a 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of flip-flops, a drinking Hawaiian shirt of your choice, sunglasses, your favorite libation (Plenty of it) and your favorite stupid drinking hat that your wife or girlfriend dosnt let you wear. I will fire up the BBQ on the transom, you mix the margs, and I will cook the sailfish we cought. Oh and by the way, will you make me a drink while you are down there?

Any Takers?

Already living this lifestyle....just not retired and doing it fulltime

See you out there!

man i wish this guy was still around...i got enough in the bank for six months....

I guess for all you old guys its like the inmates watching one of their own get past the razor wire and the guards. But I gotta tell you, for a young guy like me it is very depressing. Is this what I am going to be like in 30 years? Does life suck that bad? Is it the airlines that do it to you or is it just flying for a living in general? I think I will go find something productive to do today.

-a happy inmate

You are my hero, Front Office. BTW can you drop me off in New Zealand? Anywhere will do. I can help out because I can catch, clean and cook a mean fish. I learned that so I could supplement the Ramen while sweating my butt off in a 172 for 3 years and 2000 hours of dual given for a scumbag FL operator. Keep us posted on your adventures. Do a blog with pics so we can all be jealous!

Last edited:
For those of you that want to know.... I have been out on the pacific ocean for the past few months.

I will be updating this post within the next few days. Heading to the carribean for a nice summer. I will be putting together a link so you can see what we have been upto.

Sorry, if any of you show up in the pics, but, but, but ##it happens....

I have had several people join me on a leg or two. What a blast !!!

TTY soon....

I will have internet on the boat soon...

Front office! Dude, you're alive!

FL350 said:
I guess for all you old guys its like the inmates watching one of their own get past the razor wire and the guards.

Good analogy. FO's posting is like the inmates in the big house getting a postcard from the escapee from some topless beach, like the shawshank redemption. Whatever you do, don't say something like "It sucks out here, I want to come back to the 121 world", or you'll hear of hundreds of simultaneous suicides from all over the country.

Latest resources

Back